Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

It was a big deal in the news here. They even put a replacement back in after Smyth dug it out, but put it a lot deeper.

They did a fun news report here on sports superstitions recently - there are a lot of fans and players (myself included, though I can't really explain why) that believe in that. My sons were wearing their jerseys early in the San Jose series, and as soon as they put them on San Jose scored. I told them to take the jerseys off, and the Oilers won the game. So they haven't worn them on game day since... They also learned not to say "shutout" until the game's over (game 6 against SJ).

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man...that would be amazing if you could buy a dinner with an American Silver dollar these days... but its a shame no one accepts them

What do you mean "no one accepts them"?

If you went to a store and tried to pay with a silver dollar, would the store actually accept it as legal tender?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Man...that would be amazing if you could buy a dinner with an American Silver dollar these days... but its a shame no one accepts them

What do you mean "no one accepts them"?

If you went to a store and tried to pay with a silver dollar, would the store actually accept it as legal tender?

Yes because it is legal tender.

Anyways it wasn't a silver dollar they put into the ice. It was a coin that the Carolina equipment manager gave the players that said "What Ever It Takes." So Smyth couldn't use it to go eat anyways.

Anyways it wasn't a silver dollar they put into the ice. It was a coin that the Carolina equipment manager gave the players that said "What Ever It Takes." So Smyth couldn't use it to go eat anyways.

Actually, if it was here in Raleigh, he probably could.

Food service & retail cashiers here seem to have a deficiency of whatever gene understands money.

Last week, my wife got back $13 after paying for a $17 meal with a 20.

Once - not kidding - a cashier at Home Depot gave my stepdad change for $500 when he paid with a 50. They even called the manager over, who went to get the first $400 because they didn't have it in the drawer. He gave it back, of course.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

MacMillan said he complained to the league about the damage to the ice, to no avail.

:rolleyes: I hope he's kidding.

Directly before the Oilers practice the morning of game one, a Carolina player (possibly Brind'Amour or Babchuk) was tearing up the ice by essentially doing lines from the end of the faceoff circle, taking two strides, stopping - as well as cutting the ice up horribly - and then repeating the process to the other side. The 'Canes skater then left, and the Oilers came onto the ice. A visibly irrate Craig Simpson complained to ice caretaker at the RBC Center, who just shrugged, though I also heard that the caretaker was watching the 'Cane player do this and was upset with him... he may have even had a word with the player afterwards, but I'm not sure.

What a stupid thing to do.....I've lost all respect for this company (not like I had much in the first place)

ottsunChampionscover200.jpg

Ottawa Sun

Sixty thousand copies of issue number 184 of Beckett Hockey magazine will hit the newsstands next week proclaiming the Hurricanes as Stanly Cup Champions.

Needless to say, the Oilers have copied the cover (which is available online) and are using it as motivation. If the Oilers ultimately win the Cup, this issue will become quite a collectors item. Beckett Media sent out a news release Friday explaining the decision of editor Al Muir to commit to a Carolina Cup win, but says the issue, which features Cam Ward and Eric Staal, will hit the stands regardless of who hoists the Cup. "It was a calculated risk," Muir said from his office in Dallas Friday. "At that point in time, it didn't look too risky. The funny thing is, I'm getting calls from Carolina and they're all worried that I'm screwing with their karma." Muir has the potential of being a hero in Edmonton and a goat in Carolina. Stay tuned. Jun. 17 - 12:49 pm et

Looks like Game 7 is coming, Edmonton leads 4-0 as we speak, 2 minutes left in the third.

Pool's not QUITE over yet -- while the lead is safe, I'm waiting to issue all sig graphice until after the series is over.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived