Red Bull New York concept

2mr41h

Since the Metrostars in MLS were re-branded with the Red Bull buyout, Adidas had less than 2 months to design kits, get approval and produce enough for the team. They basically slapped the logos on their Squadra II team kits and they're yet to get them to the retail market for fans.

I like the RBNY kits, but I wanted to come up with my own concept, that's a little less tame. It incorporates more of the Red Bull corporate colors, including a red that's slightly more pinkish. With the home kit, I wanted to add blue without avoid looking like Real Salt Lake or New England.

C&C, please! (bow)

Doug

rbny_uniforms.png

And the RBNY players wore RB Salzburg kits in their marketing campaign. There are some differences - RB Salzburg have white home kits and blue away kits, while RBNY have red home and white away.

Gents,

this is a little OT but it is important to understand what monster Red Bull is. A little background info might also affect your concepts or general view.

It may not matter in the Franchise driven world of American sports where with some exeptions money has always been the driving force. So I do not care about New York or the MLS that much. You can not expect to find rich history and a lot of loyalty where teams and leagues are designed from scratch.

There is more to sports than money. The traditionalists know for sure. Those who support college football might know. Everyone supporting football (in this case: soccer) in Europe should know, have to know, that traditions, color and history are an integral part of a club. That the fans are what keeps the club running.

You have a certain team that you have been following for a long time?

Imagine you are a die-hard fan, have been loyal to your team/club/college all your life. You have followed the team through thick and thin, home and away, whatever it takes. Then someone steps in, takes over. Alters the club badge. Announces that the rich history is worthless, announces 2005 as founding date. Takes away the colors that run in your veins. Changes your stadium section so that you can no longer support from there. Then spits in your face by publicly calling your (peaceful) aim to protect what is a vital part of your life "just kindergarden stuff". Then bans you from following what has been your team.

Not clear enough? An example (from the franchise world): You support the Green Bay Packers. New ownership. They change their name to Red Bull Green Bay. They play in red and blue. Fans in green & gold are no longer welcome at the Red Bull arena, formerly known as Lambeau Field. The new owners don't even know who Vince Lombardi was. A nightmare?

This has just happened to me. My team is SV Austria Salzburg. Born in 1933, murdered and reborn in 2005. We now play in the 4th division, pure and true.

Excellent Article in british mag When Saturday Comes (WSC)

Take a short look at this website (in english) for more info:

Initiative Violett-White

BOYCOTT RED BULL AND MODERN FOOTBALL

Echoing the horn-around-crotch argument, reminds me of when someone said "brings unnecessary attention to an unnecessary area", lol. It'd be much better should you move the horns farther down. That, and decide on either blue or silver shorts on the primary kit.

(I'd go with silver shorts so you can more-easily continue the navy horns, if you decide to move them down)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Why is the wordmark on the back "Red Bulls"? The team is Red Bull [singular] New York. It's positioned so as to be ad space, and the name of the energy drink is also singular.

I actually like this concept, especially the silver/blue shorts. Great allusion to the can. Not crazy about the company, or their tactics (sorry stefOn).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived