Golden Ratio Designs

vicfurth

I finally came up with a decent design firm logo/name, Golden Ratio Designs (more professional than the goofy "Key Lime Studios")...

grdsig.gif

The way I came up with this name is unique, yet touching. :P I was in my philosophy class, and my professor was explaining the ancient Greeks' mathmatical formula for beauty. This formula is represented by 1x1.618..., aka "The Golden Ratio". This ratio is seen throughout nature, ancient Greek architecture, and is the ancient philosophers' formula for perfection. So, I thought if my firm's name conveyed that I design logos that are truly beautiful, it'd bring business.

The numbers in the background of my sig are the actual golden ratio, which can be divided up to 20,000 decimal places.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Man, you change your studio name more often than some people change their underwear! :D

Seriously, unless your planning to handle a few professional accounts, just focus on your designs instead of your studio name - like a football team, you need to worry more about the product on the field than the way you look (even though the way you look is indeed very important).

Golden Ratio is okay, but it sounds like you design everything according to the Golden Ratio, or like you're some weird mathematics-based designer. Not a major gripe really, it doesn't take a whole lot of thought to realize that's a bunch of hooey and what you're really all about. But perhaps something to think about.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm not going to blow smoke up your a$$. Just looking at the box in your signature, I think it feels too amateur. It's not refined enough for me. It's a solid idea, and I want to associate it with this beautiful, universal ratio that was used by some of the best thinkers in the history of the world, but it just looks like "Golden Ratio Designs" set in random, amateur typeface X and centered within a box. Use type and layout to create something worthy of the name. This is just an example, but feel free to work and/or learn from it.

goldenratio.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

it just looks like "Golden Ratio Designs" set in random, amateur typeface X and centered within a box.

I wonder why it would look like that.. hmmm..

Very nice work on the banner, tempest. You do good work.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived