What is up with Toronto fans?

Bleujayone

I know of one place the fans are not going....

Marlies games.

Only 2888 at Game 3 of the Grand Rapids/Toronto series on Monday.

SUre, it was a MOnday first round game, but it's still pretty pathetic .

I planned on going but after being hit with a whole set of hidden fees I was turned off... two $11 tickets were going to cost me around $50, and then there's the $28 in train tickets I'd have to buy to get there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I know of one place the fans are not going....

Marlies games.

Only 2888 at Game 3 of the Grand Rapids/Toronto series on Monday.

SUre, it was a MOnday first round game, but it's still pretty pathetic .

I planned on going but after being hit with a whole set of hidden fees I was turned off... two $11 tickets were going to cost me around $50, and then there's the $28 in train tickets I'd have to buy to get there.

I'm tempted to go to a Marlies game...after the free one I went to, I wanna go back. It was some good hockey...but the Petes and Leafs blow them outta the water! ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well I have been to 5 games so far this year, and attendance hasn't been too bad. P.S. Me and my buddies got on TSN's SportsCentre last night/this morning, and appearently we also got significant airtime on Rogers Sportsnet, for out TEAM CHACIN sign and shirts.

1zqy8ok.gif

Ive been to 3 games so far.

The first was against the Twins on the 2nd night of the year, and it was 1/2 the crowd of opening night, about 24,000 or so. Plus they got shelled that night. But the tickets were free so..:P

I went 3 days later to see them beat the Rays, and attendance was pretty bad for a saturday afternoon game. around 18,000 or so. but it was the Rays, who are probably the worst visiting-team-draw in the majors.

Then, i went last friday to what i consider the best Jays game ive ever been to. the 12 inning marathon against the BoSox. Even better was that we were up in the 500 level, $9 seats, where all the rowdy TRUE fans sit. Overall, about 27,000 fans there There were fights breaking out with fans who came from Boston, (including an extremely obnoxious fan that an entire section was calling FAT RA-MIR-EZ!) That game had everything: good fans, 8 total HRs, extra innings, pitchers duels between Burnett/Beckett and later Ryan/Papelbon, and then the Jays coming back from 4 down in the 8th to win it in 12. Amazing game.

I hope we get more fans out as the year goes on. I think if theyre in the Wildcard/Division race in the late summer, we could average around 35-40,000 fans a night, which isnt full capacity, but would be a sellout at a lot of places like Fenway and Wrigley.

Well I have been to 5 games so far this year, and attendance hasn't been too bad. P.S. Me and my buddies got on TSN's SportsCentre last night/this morning, and appearently we also got significant airtime on Rogers Sportsnet, for out TEAM CHACIN sign and shirts.

HAH! I saw shots of that last night during the game, that was wicked. It was a little creepy to see "TEAM CHACIN KKK" though...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Best game for me was when i went to see Blue Jays, and Halladay was starting. I think it was against Okland, but they went into the 8th inning tied up untill the Blue Jays hit a run in making the score 5-6. No lie, cus i wouldnt forget somehting that exciting. Of course i want to go this year and hopefully get to see Burnett start.

4kv29i.jpg

Well I have been to 5 games so far this year, and attendance hasn't been too bad.  P.S. Me and my buddies got on TSN's SportsCentre last night/this morning, and appearently we also got significant airtime on Rogers Sportsnet, for out TEAM CHACIN sign and shirts.

HAH! I saw shots of that last night during the game, that was wicked. It was a little creepy to see "TEAM CHACIN KKK" though...

Yeah, we were hoping he would quickly get another strike out so we could have KKKK up there, but at least since it was a baseball game people knew the real meaning.

1zqy8ok.gif

First of all, official attendance is based on tickets sold, not turnstile count, most games the counts are usually a little high. Besides, who wants to go to a game at SkyDome with 9 million empty seats with a crowd of 30,000 there? Just like the A's did, I don't think it'd be a bad thing to tarp off the top level or two, and still have cheap tickets and $2 Tuesdays...everyone is doing it (well, except the Royals who are just stupid, but that's beside the point.)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived