Penn State Nittwits concept

BroadSt_Bully

Sold to Nike?...aww man, you sold out :P

I like it(besides the team, of course..Let's go Pitt). The only thing that I don't like much is the "Make a -ment" font. Otherwise though, this is pretty cool looking. Is there any particular reason for the trapezoid, like a meaning behind it? It looks cool, I was just wondering why you used it.

Sold to Nike?...aww man, you sold out :P

I like it(besides the team, of course..Let's go Pitt). The only thing that I don't like much is the "Make a -ment" font. Otherwise though, this is pretty cool looking. Is there any particular reason for the trapezoid, like a meaning behind it? It looks cool, I was just wondering why you used it.

Could have something to do with Pennsylvania being the Keystone State, because that's what it looks like he was going for. Am I right?

QPR%20Sig.png

You nailed it, Moser. Plus, since the wordmark and the rounded rectangle surrounding it emulate a scoreboard clock, the "neutered" keystone trapezoid also can represent a scoreboard.

Shumway, what type of font would you suggest for the back? And don't say the script Pitt or torch-cut fonts. :P

I didn't really "sell out" to Nike... the Athletic Department told me that they were going to be producing them. I really didn't have a say. At least I didn't color the one sleeve blue.

You nailed it, Moser. Plus, since the wordmark and the rounded rectangle surrounding it emulate a scoreboard clock, the "neutered" keystone trapezoid also can represent a scoreboard.

Shumway, what type of font would you suggest for the back? And don't say the script Pitt or torch-cut fonts. :P

I didn't really "sell out" to Nike... the Athletic Department told me that they were going to be producing them. I really didn't have a say. At least I didn't color the one sleeve blue.

I was just joking with the sell out comment...I'm just not a fan of Nike.

For the font, I'm not sure. I'm curious what it'd look like if you matched the font for "state". Either that or possibly picking up one of the fonts used on the shirt, like where it says "2006/07....". It doesn't look terrible as is, but I'm just not feeling that font much.

For the font, I'm not sure. I'm curious what it'd look like if you matched the font for "state". Either that or possibly picking up one of the fonts used on the shirt, like where it says "2006/07....". It doesn't look terrible as is, but I'm just not feeling that font much.

Actually, the original Nittwits wordmark (which was used since 2003) was in the "State" script style...

nittwits_sig.jpg

However, it wasn't very versatile and the things I could do with it were pretty limited. That's why I designed the new wordmark... I'm now able to embellish it with things like the "neutered" keystone and other design elements that I have yet to think of.

I've been experimenting using the scoreboard-style lettering from the front for "MAKE A' and "-MENT"... I'll post it when I'm finished toying with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Penn State has a basketball team?! :P

Looks good and I hope you made a few $$$.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I likes! Especially the revised back.

As to the "neutered" keystone, Im curious as to what made you do that. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just curious as to your reason. I say that because the "neutered" part of the keystone would have been an excellent spot to stick that "swoosh" logo. Nike. Keystone state. Penn State (which, to hear PSU folk tell it, OWN PA).

Just my 2 tarnished Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I tried a full keystone when I first designed the logo, but with the wordmark across the middle it looked very unbalanced. Even if I went with that, I wouldn't put the Nike swoosh inside my logo because I'd really be selling my soul to the Oregonian devil then. I see your point, though. Thanks for the opinion!

Archived