My school work

CC97

Hey guys,

I'm in my final year of web design up here at Durham College, and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to look at some of my work in the past few weeks and let me know what I can do to improve upon them before submitting them to my portfolio.

15-SECOND FLASH E-CARDS

Tommie's Hallowe'en Treat

Tommie's Christmas Present

I.A.C.O IDENTITY AND SITE DESIGN PROPOSAL

*The frame is there purely for navigation of the design proposal.  The actual site is what you see inside the main frame*

Complete Design Package

PETSNET.COM: FICTIONAL PETS WEBSITE DESIGN PROPOSAL

PetsNet.com HomePage

Interior Page

Please be honest when giving me your opinions of these... also please don't be too critical of the Flash e-cards, those were my first animations.  Besides, I don't REALLY sound like that, had to make my voice different for the cartoon, ya know!

But with the web design things, yes, fire away, I'm supposed to be a professional web designer in 6 months, so treat me as such when judging.

Anyways, fire away!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I don't care for the frames on the full design package. Especially because the links end up being in the black frame, and in the link menu on the actual page. Every thing else you have show looks real real good though.

Oh, I should've been more clear, sorry.

The frame is there purely for navigation of the design proposal.  The actual site is what you see inside the main frame there.

---

Chris Creamer

Ah, then I like it very much as well.

One thing I just noticed,...

On the pet site...do you intend on having all the pages fit in that little area, or can the bottom be pushed down...

Thank you.

And excellent question....   I'm not really sure to be honest.  I'm thinking the site would be designed that no page on the site would be larger than the space there, I show an example of this on the "interior page"

---

Chris Creamer

The Petsnet one looks pretty crisp. Would it be bigger when opened as an actual webpage? or is it the same size as the image there? Personally, I think it would look better if is filled more space, it seems alittle crowded.

The E-cards are pretty enjoyable, its like watching South Park  :;):

IACO - looks real strong. that navigation works well with the site and the company. ques - will the banner that has those pictures extend from side to side? im sure it will. it looks great!

PetsNet.com - looks great. i love that design and the menu is great. again im assuming that it will be the whole page.

Animations - great stuff...A+++

untitled-1.png

Thanks mike...  I appreciate it!

will the banner that has those pictures extend from side to side? im sure it will. it looks great!

Do you mean will the banner stretch from extreme left of screen to extreme right of screen?

If so, then know, what you see is what you get.  It's optimised for a lower screen resolution, designing the banners smaller make it easer for those folk to navigate the site.   Big banners make it nearly impossible for them.

---

Chris Creamer

I was pressed for time, only viewed a couple things...

I think the Pets.net colors need to be changed. The blue on the silver background is hard to read. Maybe with a white outline and shadow around it would increase legibility. Everything else looks pretty crisp.

I liked the Flash animation. Why was the trick-or-treater hitting Mr. Garrison's house? And where was Mr. Slave?

Hope this helps. Sorry for the minimal critique.

Keep up the good work Chris.

Jim

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the Pets.net colors need to be changed. The blue on the silver background is hard to read. Maybe with a white outline and shadow around it would increase legibility.

Are you referring to the wordmark at the top of the page?

If so, I agree completely.  The mark used to be white with a black outline, and it didn't look too great, but I'll try the white outline.

Thanks.

---

Chris Creamer

Chris, I think the IACO site looks great.  It looks very proffesional.

I like th basic layout of the Petsnet site, but I think a few more tweaks  here and there wouldn't hurt.  I think the "Petsnet" at the top could stand out a little more.

Good animations.  Obviously a lot of work went into it.

Chris, I think the IACO site looks great.  It looks very proffesional.

I like th basic layout of the Petsnet site, but I think a few more tweaks  here and there wouldn't hurt.  I think the "Petsnet" at the top could stand out a little more.

Good animations.  Obviously a lot of work went into it.

Thank you good sir, I'm glad I'm getting so many positive responses.  I will tweak the Petsnet banner before submitting it to my portfolio.  (unfortunately I handed it in for marking a while ago, but not too late for portfolio!)

---

Chris Creamer

Archived