Québec Bulldogs

themidnightslasher

with the nordiques logos it looks more like a nordiques concept than a bulldogs concept. combining eras on a jersey isn't the best of ideas, i've been guilty of this myself. you have a early 1900's team in the Bulldogs combined with a present era nordiques(when the nords was in Q before the change to the wolf logo). when people see it there probably not going to see 'quebec nordiques' instead they will see 'quebec nordiques'.

i like where this is going but my suggestion is to drop the nordiques logo. then create a custom bulldogs logo. maybe add to the royal blue and white scheme. if you wanted to you could drop the fleur de lis on the bottom and use the FDL as a shoulder logo.

however if the intent is to make a bulldogs concept with a nod to the nords, then the best idea would be to keep the fleur de lis on the bottom and then use a styled Q on the shoulder. it would be a nice subtle nod to the nords.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i love the light blue jersey but i think you need to tone down the black on the other jersey.

Otherwise great concepts

now we're starting to look like the quebec bulldogs.

lighten the blue a tad. dark powder blue might look good. try this #3A7BAE(R58 G123 B174)

eliminate the black as the primary color for the front of the jersey and under arms. replace with said color.

use black for the middle stripe between the thick white stripes on the front

keep the black at the bottom under the white

add silver as a trim around the Fleur de lis and the 'Q'

i like black on the shoulder yolk. add a silver around the shoulder yolk.

add the two white stripes thats on the right side of the jersey and put it on the left side of the jersey. do what you did on the right side of the jersey and put it on the left side of the jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I really like the first one. Simple, yet effective. One suggestion I have for it would be to replace the Nordiques logo with the Bulldogs' other logo, the one that was just a blue stripe that said QUEBEC. Also put the stripes on both sleeves. As for the other one, switch the black and blue and it would be very nice.

Well executed, but it's not well planned.

Royal blue and white comes off as Toronto Maple Leafs tribute jerseys. There's enough enmity between Quebec and the rest of Canada that I can't imagine this would work. The Nordiques used a lighter shade of blue and some red trim to good effect.

Stripes across the torso running beneath the numbers comes off as a Montreal Canadiens homage. Again, there's enough rivalry between Quebec's 2 largest cities that this may not play well either. Also, white numbers over white stripes is unreadable on a stationary sweater, let alone on a sweater being worn as a player skates down the ice.

Is there a particular reason only one sleeve has stripes?

It's OK, but I'm not sold on this at all.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived