Raptors win 1st Pick in NBA Draft

Gary

YES!!!!! 8% chance of landing it, and we got it.....Super fan Nav Bhatia must be going nuts!!!

But yes, thankfully Babcock isn't making the selection, or it might of gone something like this....

David Stern: "With the number one pick in the 2006 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors select from Ukraine, Oleksiy Pecherov!"

ESPN Mock Draft

Top 10 Picks

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani, PF, Italy

2. Chicago - Tyrus Thomas, PF, LSU

3. Charlotte - Adam Morrison, SF, Gonzaga

4. Portland - LaMarcus Aldridge, PF, Texas 

5. Atlanta - Brandon Roy, SG, Washington

6. Minnesota - Rudy Gay, SF, Connecticut

7. Boston - Rajon Rondo, PG, Kentucky

8. Houston - J.J. Redick, SG, Duke

9. Golden State - Randy Foye, SG, Villanova

10. Seattle - Shelden Williams, PF, Duke

Their last European pic was a flop...do they want to risk that again?

Aruajo or however it's spelled is a product of the NCAA. I don't know where he's originally from, but he's not a "European player", he came up through the American collegiate ranks.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

ESPN Mock Draft

Top 10 Picks

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani, PF, Italy

2. Chicago - Tyrus Thomas, PF, LSU

3. Charlotte - Adam Morrison, SF, Gonzaga

4. Portland - LaMarcus Aldridge, PF, Texas 

5. Atlanta - Brandon Roy, SG, Washington

6. Minnesota - Rudy Gay, SF, Connecticut

7. Boston - Rajon Rondo, PG, Kentucky

8. Houston - J.J. Redick, SG, Duke

9. Golden State - Randy Foye, SG, Villanova

10. Seattle - Shelden Williams, PF, Duke

Their last European pic was a flop...do they want to risk that again?

Aruajo or however it's spelled is a product of the NCAA. I don't know where he's originally from, but he's not a "European player", he came up through the American collegiate ranks.

I did not know that but thanks for clearing it up. He is a tool, thats all I know. I'd take pube-stache boy any day over Arrujo or w/e.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

and no Rob Babcock to screw the pooch on this pick, although Villanueva turned out to be awesome this year.

It was still a horrible pick the whole point of the draft is to streagthen your

weakness not strengthern your strengths especially when your in the lottery. The raptors should trade the pick though and draft eather a guard.

and no Rob Babcock to screw the pooch on this pick, although Villanueva turned out to be awesome this year.

It was still a horrible pick the whole point of the draft is to streagthen your

weakness not strengthern your strengths especially when your in the lottery. The raptors should trade the pick though and draft a guard.

I really wanted the Blazers to get at least the 3-pick....we need somebody big because hopefully Randolph is getting booted this off-season, and I really hope it's Thomas just because he played so hard in the NCAA tourney...

and if that fails, apparently Nate McMillan has a hard-on for Brandon Roy, so we either get the big man we need or a player the coach already loves, and who would work really well at the 2. the only problem may lie in getting playing time for Roy, Jack and Sebastian Telfair at two spots.

but with the backcourt we have, I'd really like either Thomas or Aldridge, to play PF.

harperdc.gif

Archived