Islanders Concept

Coast2CoastAM2006

These have a fisherman era isles feel to them, which is precisely what i was aiming at. These are probably more fit to be a third jersey for 1996 but i wanted to do something a bit out of the box sorta like what the lightning did with their 3rd jersey. I didn't want to use the swirly stripes i wanted more of a 'sea' effect than just swirly stripes.

Islanders_Concept.png

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't know, man. That jersey looks more "cartoony" than the Gorton's fisherman jersey. Islander fans already made it clear that they were not going to stand for that sort of thing. I also don't know if New Yorkers will like Philadelphia Eagles number font.

it would never work as a real nhl concept, but i really wasn't aiming for something Isles would ever wear. i was more or less trying to have fun with the concept and not really restrict myself to wondering if this would fly on a nhl jersey. I figure since im not being paid to design a concept for a pro team and just simply doing a concept for a message board, why not have fun with it and not worry if it will work in real life.

I do agree it does look a bit cartoonish, and the light house looks like its floating on a cloud. The long island logo isn't the best of logos to work with. As for the eagles font, i didn't think block fonts would work, so i went with the eagles font. To me a font is a font and i went with a font that looked best. Though the more I look at the more im not sure if it like it though.

i honestly don't expect the concept to be well liked, but i just wanted to have fun with it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Why not for a Alt. jersey have a jersey like such! Even though its really cartoony it still locks cool. I'm diggin the concept, really like the different uniform stripes! Great Job!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived