NHL Back in Quebec City?!

Suigi

I think we've been over this before. This just isn't very likely to happen, and it's a simple matter of the economics of QC's market size.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I heard the leader of the group today on CKAC 730 Montreal. His plan is short and maybe too optimistic.

However, I think it should exist a plan anyway even though is unlikely the NHL is coming back to Q-Town in short- or mid-term , because if the opportunity open in a mid- to long-term future, the city has to be ready.

Being a old-time Nordiques' fan, I should only have the right to dream reasonibly...

Chris :flagcanada:

Montreal, QC

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Dear Brian in Boston,

In my opinion, Winnipeg is a mid-term candidate. They have a group formed there, they have a brand new rink and Manitoba's economy is not so bad.

And remember this, nothing is sure with Big Bucks Made-In-USA Major Pro Sports !!!

Chris

:flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

In my opinion, Winnipeg is a mid-term candidate. They have a group formed there, they have a brand new rink and Manitoba's economy is not so bad.

Which is why I conceded that Winnipeg has a slightly better chance of landing an NHL franchise than Quebec City and Hartford's non-existant chances of doing so.

That said, I still see the likes of Kansas City, Houston or Portland (OR) having a better chance of securing an NHL franchise than Winnipeg does.

QC is not getting an NHL franchise. And even if they did, they would move again in less than 10 years. As said earlier, economics just won't allow it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

In this day and age remodeling Le Colisee won't work they would need a brand new arena.

how old is Pepsi Colisee?

It was built in 1949 and remodeled in 1980.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I can picture Winnipeg getting a team again and maybe Hartford but never Quebec City.

I agree. Been alot of talk just instead of moving a team to Winnipeg, put just brigining back the jets.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived