Yankees vs. Tigers and High Def TV

Proc

I was watching my beloved sad-sack-now-winning-after-a-million-years Tigers last night on ESPN in glorious High Definition (HD TV is like crack, once you have it you need more and more and more...but I digress).

Anyhow, the bright white Tiger's home uni with the classic old English "D" looked sharp and the simple, but classic Yankees road uniforms both looked fantastic.

It was old school all the way, but it looked great.

Its amazing how much detail stands out on HD TV's.

You ever notice how Detroit has two different Old English "D"'s, one on the hat and the other on the jersey?

baseball_caps_tigers_R.jpg

p118128reg.jpg

Or how the hat "D" has changed so many times (from the teens to about 1967) but the D on the jerseys has been basically the same since the '30's? That always stood out to me, too.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

agreed, especially with a flat screen digital television in HDTV. That was a great game last night.

I must agree. Watching these two teams in HD is like watching an unintentional throwback game. The unis are crisp and clear, and to a certain degree the way unis of the past were meant to look. Now, they just need to wear stirrups, or show some sock for pete's sake.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived