Giants/Mets

brinkeguthrie

Game started at 10am local time..just got finished about 2:25 local time. An AMAZING game. So many last minute HRs and heroics.

Questions:

*What am I missing about Matt Morris? He came over with such a great rep..he's just not getting it done, and he seems lost out there sometimes.

*The same thing about Armando Benetiz. Gave up not one but TWO HRs to get the Mets back into the game. I don't think they could get a bag of baseballs for this guy.

*Just how old IS Steve Tracsel?

well, I was leery of the singing...but I guess Sabean wasn't. You shoulda see the second of the two homers. Just put it riiiiight up there. Room service, literally right there for him to whack it. Not sure if that ball has landed yet...we were LUCKY to win this one.

PS- sounds like someone's gonna be needing to duck next time SF/NY plays..

With the Mets down to their final strike in the 10th, Milledge hit his first career homer off All-Star closer Armando Benitez to tie it at 6. The 21-year-old rookie raised his index finger toward the sky as he rounded first and came out for a curtain call.

Then, as he jogged out to right field for the 11th, he slapped hands with dozens of fans leaning over the railing.

"We weren't too happy about that. But he's a young kid," Giants reliever Steve Kline said. "I don't know if he's going to be slapping five with everybody after he goes 0-for-15 and the New York fans are booing him. But in the heat of the moment, you can't blame the kid. He knows better. I think he genuinely knows he did wrong."

The Mets also took notice.

Message to the Giants and Giants fans.

Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of Armando Benitez choking. He seems to crack under pressure. Don't be surprised that he gives up homers like that it's par for his course. His save numbers may be impressive but how many of them come in games that count. Why the Giants aquired him is beyond us.

Sincerely,

New York Fan.

I was at the game today and although the Mets lost, it was a great game.

My favorite part (other than Milledge's blast) was how much we New Yorkers lovely Mr. Bonds. Last month, I was in San Francisco and went to a game there and saw the few thousands of the country actually cheer him. Today it was just a little opposite. The second the batter before Bonds would get out, there would be massive booing through the moment he would get out. Also, the best was every time Bonds would make a catch in left, the boos were probably louder than when he came up to bat.

Anyway, this was a great series even though the Mets lost two of three. David Wright is amazing and everything we've wanted from him with his two more homeruns today. This team is very solid and will do very well this season.

Message to the Giants and Giants fans.

Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of Armando Benitez choking. He seems to crack under pressure. Don't be surprised that he gives up homers like that it's par for his course. His save numbers may be impressive but how many of them come in games that count. Why the Giants aquired him is beyond us.

Sincerely,

New York Fan.

Dear New York Fan:

You're right. I don't know why, either.

Archived