Reebok's contract with the NFL

ericcartman19

Yes and it was that competition that kept the prices down, back when I began to purchase replica jerseys, they cost no more than $45. Nowadays with the Reebok monopoly (which has its own pros and cons) replica jerseys go for $74.99.

which is entirely retarded.

Pretty soon seplicas will be 80 and 90 bucks--sooner or later they'll jump up to the century mark. Just price the casual fan right out of the game, why don't you? First the price of refreshments at concessions, then game tickets, then game REPLICAS...

...all in the name of corporate greed, some might say.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't really Mind Reebok so much, I can just imagine the horrors Nike might have come up with.

Nike had five years to come up with ideas, and yet, they didn't change a whole lot. Give Nike a break. The biggest change was the Broncos, and while it was different at the time, it wasn't a "horror".

Well, they also butchered the Steelers jerseys with a needless change.

I gave Nike a lot of credit for the new football designs, it's only fair that I take them to task for what they did in the NFL.

I would say the changes Nike did to the Broncos, Steelers, Cowboys, and Dolphins pale in comparison to the major changes we've seen since 2000 (Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, Seahawks).

dolphins?? Did you mean Jaguars?

Well, Jaguars, too, but wasn't Nike the supplier for the Dolphins when they went to the updated dolphin and drop-shadowed numbers in '97?

EDIT: My fault...Starter's logo was on the drop-shadowed jerseys a year or two before Nike signed on. So yes, ebod, I meant "Jaguars" :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I could be wrong, but don't NFL teams have the final say on what their uniforms look like? I doubt the Bills went Reebok and said "Just give us any old uniform and we'll wear it." The teams may ask for input, but in the end, it's the team's decision.

This goes for all the teams that jump on template bandwagons, too. Nobody told Virginia Tech, Arizona St., etc. that they had to use the Miami template.

Archived