Cincinati Reds all white cap...

simpsontide

I was in Louisville this past weekend and I saw the best looking Reds cap. It was all white with the Reds' red C. It was designed the exact same way as the Yankees cap below but it was white where it is navy. This particular cap is called a "Semester" cap made by New Era. i've scoured hatschack.com,lids.com and New Era's site to no avail. I called the store and they told me it was called a NewEra Game Day cap but nothing comes up. I WANT this cap and I need some help....L_NEWMLBSEMESTERNYY.jpg

2qluyo7.png

Kind of a spin off on the same theme...

Does anyone here know whether the Reds wore an all white cap with the red C and red bill in the late 1990's or early 2000's as an alternate or something. (Not the mid 90's pinstripes.)

I have a few of these caps I picked up at a closeout store for $2.99 several years back. At the time, the same store was liquidating a bunch of 5950's including the old Tigers' alt with the D and the cat on the front, the teal marlins and the old interlocking "CA" Angels, as well as the green and yellow A's cap. I bought most of the caps in my size and have a couple of the reds caps in question. They are kind of a cream-coloured white, with a red bill and a red c. The MLB logo is on the rear and all the tagging is exactly the same as all other 5950's of the era. Is this something the Reds actually wore?

Thanks!

that creamish Reds cap might have been a spring training special. the Buck Showalter argument doesn't apply, though, as he's never been associated with the Reds (ol' Buck likes to have coaches wear a different cap in spring training...it was white with a navy NY and bill with the Yanks, IIRC in Arizona it was teal with a purple bill, and in Texas it's the 94-2000 red cap). Heh, maybe Rose or Piniella put em to spring use...heh, that's my theory. Only other possibility is it was a fashion hat.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived