Carolina Hurricanes Alternate

BrianVlietDesign

There's no maroon.....what are you looking at?

Is it really black? Must be my moniter, then. Because when compared to the black on the hurricane flags it looks like maroon.

yeah, it's definitely your monitor. Because that is black.

64:0:0 isn't the RGB code for black.

Save the slugalo.

155pc94.png

Good reason to call them what I used to - The Carolina Fags

1567swk.png

DON'T BUY A NEW MONITOR! IT'S NOT BLACK!I took it inot paint and change it to black, looks alright.

This post has been edited by zer0dotcom on some time in the future

FBI_Bar.jpg

women_lover.gif

Stop double-posting...

Anyways, I find both jerseys to be eye-gougingly hideous, IMHO.

The Hurricanes are just not meant to work with powder blue or maroon.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

No, no, no.

1. Practice jerseys come in a wide array of colors. Players dress in certain colors for practice because they're on certain lines. The practice jerseys are rarely, if ever, in team colors. So it doesn't matter what color your practice jersey is - it wouldn't get on game ice.

2. Black and red is your color palette. It's the colors of a hurricane flag - which is a brilliant move, as only hurricanes and avalanches have warning flags that are accepted in public use that could be used as de facto alternate logos by the teams with those nicknames. Red and black are also the colors of the RBC Center's other (principal) tenants, NC State basketball. Silver is a nice addition. Common sense will take you far.

3. Your design has too much white in it to be a home sweater. Since the center of the body is black, I am assuming this is to be worn at home. With all that white, the other team, also wearing white, will be p*ssed off, and with good reason. This is why BYU had to dump their "bib" jerseys. Common sense will take you far.

4. There's black in the body, but not on the rest of the sweater.

4a. There's red all over the sleeves, but not on the rest of the sweater, save a tin band of flags (see #2 for why minimizing this is a bad idea).

5. White numbers on a white background? The numbers are there to be read legibly. Common sense will take you far.

6. Given that WARD - a 4-letter surname - barely fits within the confines of the black area of the sweater, how's BRIND'AMOUR or TVERDOVSKY going to make it across the back? Common sense...

7. Why black? The background of the hurricane warning flag is red with a little black, and they reflected that in the team's uniforms. You can go other ways besides this - a red alt with a different logo would be better.

8. Sharks' template? Not exactly novel, as it has become the "go to" alternate sweater template for some reason. It's OK, but it brings nothing to the look except people will say, "Hmm. 'Canes have Sharks-style sweaters on. Wonder why?"

Good reason to call them what I used to - The Carolina Fags

Phenomenal - Carolina Fags, eh? Grow up, junior. Thinking it is your business; telling us - and assuming we want to know - makes it our business, and makes you look like a fool. :therock:

Besides, wearing Carolina blue in North Carolina is generally associated with WINNING, and has never been shown to be a good reason to call anyone a derogatory name - as you unequivocally state in your "post". Since UNC sells more merchandise than any other school in the US, I guess there are people who are OK with the color. Tell Lawrence Taylor, Michael Jordan or Jerry Stackhouse they're gay for wearing Carolina blue. Then find a good dentist and facial surgeon.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived