LA Dodgers Uniform Question

I was would like to know if someone could fill me in on the repeated change of the LA Dodgers uniform beween having "Dodgers"written on it to having "Los Angeles." I know the Brooklyn Dodgers had "Dodgers" on both uniforms but the Sandy Koufax Dodgers had "Los Angeles" on the road jersey. However, I saw a Mike Piazza photo in which the the road jersey says "Dodgers." Nowadays the road unis are back to the "Los Angeles" script. Why do they keep changing it and do they plan on going back to Dodgers? Personally, I like the city name on the road jersey better.

60s: 6304.jpg

90s: piazza.jpg

Current: t1_gagne_ap.jpg

although officially the blue alt and the silver-billed cap that went with it still exist, they haven't worn em since that one time in eitheir 99 or 2000.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

18Leyritz.JPG

Tradition, shmadition. This looks great and deserves to be worn.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

18Leyritz.JPG

Tradition, shmadition. This looks great and deserves to be worn.

I'll second that. I own a couple of these game worn jerseys, and I love 'em. The Dodgers are really missing the boat on this one...

Was that the Saturday afternoon game where either Kaz Ishii or Hideo Nomo went Kung Fu on an Angel? I do own the silver billed cap, and love it.

You are correct oddball but it was Chan Ho Park who kung-fu ex-Dodgers Tim Belcher on that game. In my opinion, The best baseball fight since when Nolan Ryan beat up Robin Ventura. :D

Archived