Red Sox Concept

JamieRose

this is also to test out my new display...thing

Boston.png

Okay, before everybody starts chasing me with pitchforks and torches, read what i have to say about it.

Okay, so on the homes, i pretty much just changed the hat to the older style and made the pant stripe blue. No big changes there. Aways are where i might get yelled at. For some reason, when i see the red numbers on the gray jerseys, it looks wierd. I decided to go to the classic style and make the numbers and letter blue. I pretty much just inverted the letters with their outlines. I kept the red sleeve stripes just because they grew on me over blue (wierd after what i just said). On the alternates, i pretty much kept the red one the way it is, but i added a new one. I guess the new blue one could be home, and the red away, or vise-versa. I just thought the socks logo should be represented more, and they didnt show on a red jersey sooo TADAA! Finally, the BP is pretty much the same, but with armpits.

So there you go (this is also one piece of a MLB project i'm working on, but i wanted to show this off caus i like is).

C&C please

TDZiMMB.png

The problem I see with there is that there's too much of a Nationals-esque color differential between the home and road. I'd prefer to see the navy hat with the home set, and red lettering on the road.

VmWIn6B.png

I like the use of the 75-era cap on the homes. I would leave the road gray set as they are now. I like the addition of the navy blue alternate with the 2 sox design. I think the BP jersey they use now is fine.

Nice stuff though. It's a lot better than some of the hatchet job Sox concepts I've seen on here before. It looks like you took tradition into account and that's a big thing for me.

mainescarf.png

I appreciate that you put a blue "B" on the red hat like in the '70s. That was the major failing of the red hat they tried to use in the late '90s (it had a white "B")

I also like the red trim on the lettering of the away jersey.

The blue stripe on the pants looks out of place when you still have red piping on the jersey.

Archived