Moscow Red Stars

twi

This is my first go around at a fantasy hockey team. A member of the WHA, I present the Moscow Red Stars. Credits to RC for his hockey jersey sets (Philadelphia and Anaheim used here) and to the CCSL website for the logos. Leave some comments if you wish, I'm sure this concept can only improve from what I have now. :D They are listed home, away, and alternate respectively.

homejersey.jpg

awayjersey.jpg

alternatejersey.jpg

I'd throw in....umm...I duno...a red star into the first two jerseys!

lol, I thought that'd by the first thing I got. :P I should have added this to my first post. The "red" does not describe the stars, but the players. Like "The Resd are coming, the Reds are coming!" Is that too dumb for a team?

I'd throw in....umm...I duno...a red star into the first two jerseys!

lol, I thought that'd by the first thing I got. :P I should have added this to my first post. The "red" does not describe the stars, but the players. Like "The Resd are coming, the Reds are coming!" Is that too dumb for a team?

I don't know... although it does seem strange for a team to use that in a country where communism fell 15 years ago.

The concept seems to fit more of a russian national team jersey instead of a city-based team. It needs something unique.

VmWIn6B.png

lmu is right, it does seem to be more of a national team design now that I think about it. It does need something that sets it apart.

steiny- I don't know about black. I'll construct some of the concepts with black that come to mind and post those up here when they're done.

Thanks for the comments, your input is appreciated as I evolve this thing. :D

The 3rd sweater would be a great starting point for this concept. The first two sweaters are better suited to a Russian national team. A team named the "Red Stars" with obvious Communist overtones would not use the imperial eagle as its crest, and probably would leave blue (imperial color) off the design altogether. Black is a good idea; so is gold (wheat, agriculture). But there's too much blue and too much imperial imagery in this - although that 3rd sweater is exactly where this oughta wind up.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived