Buffalo Rapids (ABA) Change Name

MC Buffalo

I think I'm more offended by this quote. Why aren't we, as sports fans, going after the owners for this travesty?

"'No. We're excited with the nickname. We're excited for our season. This is pro basketball back in Buffalo,' said Rich Jacob, the team's general manager and head coach."

I think I'm more offended by this quote. Why aren't we, as sports fans, going after the owners for this travesty?

"'No. We're excited with the nickname. We're excited for our season. This is pro basketball back in Buffalo,' said Rich Jacob, the team's general manager and head coach."

Ok, how can the ABA count as pro basketball if most of the logos look like its a semi-pro league.

"Everyone has good and bad days".

The new name is getting criticism from local black leaders.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060805/1042519.asp

The critics also did not like the logo, which shows an intense, red-skinned gorilla pointing at the viewer. "I did find it offensive. It looked like an angry black man," said Eva M. Doyle, a columnist for the Buffalo Criterion newspaper. "I think it's offensive to people who are looking at it from a historical perspective."

They're accepting the comparison that a primate looks like an angry black man? :(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Check out the script, it looks like something my little cousin did. It's just a plain typeface with outlines around it, and I can't figure out why there are a few white blotches in some parts. Not even patsox leaves that much white crap on his stuff.

buffacrap.png

The controversy surrounding this logo is hillarious. The only thing offensive about this is its probably the worst logo since the ABA man sodomizing the bull. Whoever sees "Gorilla" and autmatically thinks "angry black man" is clearly a racist themself. It looks more like a kid from 1995 drawing donkey kong playing basketball.

Man, when will the ABA die for all the terrible logos they have forced upon humanity.

Azzuri.gif

Archived