Hawaii Helmet color?

HatManTC

away helmets last year were silver though. Which is what might have been portrayed.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think the dark green helmets are for home games, the silver ones are for road games.

Though for one home game last year they wore silver helmets, black jerseys, and silver pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Being from Hawaii, i pay attention to Hawaii football like nonother. in particular their uniforms.

back when they first came out with the "H" logo they used the greenish/blackish helmet with a green jersey and black pants at home and they used the greenish/blackish white jersey and black pants on the road. they only used the black jersey when June Jones deemed the game important.

over time they used the green helmet/black jersey/black pants combo more often and the white jersey combo

then last year they immplemented the "silver" look. silver is meant for the road and they no longer wear the green jersey. although Jones used what we call the "oakland raiders look" for the senior game, which the consists of the silver helmet/black jersey/silver pants.

the only thing wrong with silver look was the fact that the white jersey that went with them had silver numbers outlined in black. this got many complaints from game officials and the media, so nike supplied a new white jersey w/ black numbers outlined in silver but they didnt have time to taylor them and some of the players had the jerseys untucked and too long which made it easier to be tackled.

most hawaii fans want the numbers to be green, which is supposed to be the main color of their color scheme, outlined in black... kinda like the ones in the picture furthur up.

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

Archived