Let's make the padres unis just a bit better!

CZzyzx41

I've never really tried making a primary logo or altering a uniform in this way. Some minor stuff for High Heat 2003 but nothing further than that. If you all could either let me know how this could be improved or how great it is, or if you could even try to beat my design with one of your own, I'd appreciate the help and ideas as well as the constructive critiques and/or words of praise. Thanks guys!

as always copy and paste:

www.geocities.com/chedeauxzillah/padresaltlogo.jpg

www.geocities.com/chedeauxzillah/padresroadalt.jpg

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

OK Cool this is what I was hoping for...an opinion from a designer himself. So is it the uniforms themselves or my lack of skills that turned you off to them? I'd like to think dropping the bottom wave and simply having a single wave would do it. Either way after seeing this "the morning after" I don't see it as anything more than a promotional item they'd carry in a store. I don't expect to ever see something like this on the field.

However for football crossovers...that baby blue wave with the white area in the center might be an new idea for side stripes down a uni instead of the Bronco swoosh. I know I know, I hate those too...but it's just an idea.

-Daniel

Well, see, the thing I'm hitting at is that baseball especially above any other sport is very traditional with their uniforms, and including a wave on the jersey as in your concept would be just shy of sacrilege. Don't get me wrong, I think it does look good -- but from a traditionalist's standpoint, it's all wrong.

My initial run-in-terror reaction wasn't to your "lack of skills," because I think your effort is very top-notch, and the logo edit is very nicely executed. I think the concept, though, is what falls short as far as combining the missionary bells with the logo and the wave with the uniform. A very creative and "out-of-the-box" approach, but I don't think this would ever fly in the MLB.

BTW... Zeromancer rules! :D

I exceeded my file transer limits on geocities, so a good dude at the high heat forums hosted them on his site:

http://metskiller.250free.com/padresroadalt.jpg

though I want to keep from forcing him over his limits...

Thanks Nitro for the well explained critique. I will say I agree. My knowledge of actual uniform trends never came to play in this design (as you can tell) and I know it'd never fly on the field but perhaps as some retail item in a store...I don't know. I know I'd buy it in a store, but I agree it would never be placed on the players.

-Daniel

I'm not a designer, so i don't normally chime in on concepts. But I really like this one. I do agree with Nitroseed that this wouldn't fly in the MLB. Tradition is the true way to go. But this is really creative.

A football crossover was mentioned. Seeing this wave reminds me of helmets from the old Boston/Portland Breakers of the USFL. A Padres crossover could certainly utilize that element.

Great job.

Great point. I was thinking...I created one using the home alt text and utilizing the mission/hills logo the same way...with a sand bottom. I'm thinking these may not work as jerseys, but maybe retail t-shirts? Ultra-casual type things like the hawaiian shirts...only this stuff.

-Daniel

Archived