Jays send Shea Hillenbrand packing

NJTank

Some more details coming out about the events...

According to an unnamed player, after finding out he was not going to be in the lineup that night Shea wrote "THIS IS A SINKING SHIP" on the clubhouse chalkboard... this was after he had complained to the media and what led to manager John Gibbons screaming "You're gone! I'll be gone before you ever play another game in this organization" at Hillenbrand during a team meeting.

Another player said of Shea, ""He was a cancer in this clubhouse... Shea's day went the way the lineup card went. If he was in the lineup, everything was fine. If he wasn't he'd sulk. Sometimes he wouldn't even come out to hit."

Apparently he also angered some players when he ripped the Canadian flag off of his cap after being replaced during the July 1st game

"I got along with him, but his sense of humour rubbed some people the wrong way," said Vernon Wells.

See, the "ripping the flag off the hat" is impossible. I own that hat and the flag is STICHED into the hat, not on. Unless they got a shotty version where they did actually just sew some random mini flag onto the side then its possible, otherwise I can't see it happening without him cutting it off the hat.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

See, the "ripping the flag off the hat" is impossible. I own that hat and the flag is STICHED into the hat, not on. Unless they got a shotty version where they did actually just sew some random mini flag onto the side then its possible, otherwise I can't see it happening without him cutting it off the hat.

I thought they were glued on like the American flag caps from Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.

I think they were glued on like the USA flags

My hat.

Outside.

Picture7-1.jpg

Inside.

Picture8-1.jpg

As you can clearly see, the flag is embroidered directly onto the hat. If this is what the players were wearing, you can see it would be impossible to rip it off. If someone could somehow find out if the one sold to the public (like mine) was infact the same ones used in game or not, that would clear this whole mess up. Right now, I don't believe it, but you never know, it could have been glued on the hats they wore...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Im actaully happy this happened like Shea said he should of been traded moths ago. Its better to put Zhaun or Molina at DH and trade him for a pitcher or outfielder along with Hinske.

Speaking of tradings, according to tsn he was trade to the giants.

4kv29i.jpg

Im actaully happy this happened like Shea said he should of been traded moths ago.  Its better to put Zhaun or Molina at DH and trade him for a pitcher or outfielder along with Hinske.

Yes, it's true. Hillebrand and Chulk for Accardo

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sport...-072207&srvc=sz

I saw, I came, I left.

Im actaully happy this happened like Shea said he should of been traded moths ago.  Its better to put Zhaun or Molina at DH and trade him for a pitcher or outfielder along with Hinske.

Yes, it's true. Hillebrand and Chulk for Accardo

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sport...-072207&srvc=sz

Not that bad of a trade. This kid seems good and I'm sure under the guidence of our pitching staff he will only become better. He sounds like a less talented Burnett with speed on his side and working with him could help make this kid one hell of a set up man and reliever.

I'm going to miss Shea...he was one of the first players brought in to help turn the Jays around and he did quite a lot last year (at the beginning) to help show the Jays have some potential.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Excellent trade by JP.

We dumped Hillenbrand, a cancer who was bringing down the whole team and had a huge contract, and Chulk, a reliever with mediocre stuff who is good one day and terrible the next.

And we get Accardo, who the Giants wanted to be their closer-of-the-future. I've read he's got nasty stuff when he's on. He's a young guy I can see slotting into the 6th-7th inning role this year, and possibly supplanting Speier as our 8th inning set up guy in the near future.

Archived