Possible Idea

Lumbergh

I know in the ongoing search for the best logo ever, it's a very tough topic to regard. There have been so many classic logos in all of sports, and i know that many people have many views on which is the best. I have an idea to throw out the ccslc. It's an idea to make the whole thing seem a little clearer. A full voting process that allows people to choose the best logo in any certain time. It could be a voting period of about 2-3 weeks, where members will have a ballot to vote in. This ballot will include:

1. Best logo of the decade(which will include all decade years going back 100 years or so)

2. Best logo of the quarter century(same as above)

3. Best logo of the half century(same as above)

4. Best logo ever

5. Worst logo ever

All the logos will be manually written as a choice, and must be from college, pro football, baseball, hockey, soccer, basketball. Any logo can be new or old, from any league new or old, or defunct.

Tell me what you think, and if this could be a board sponsered event.

Here's another idea, although I'm not sure if Chris has the time or abilitiy to implement it...

On every logo page, there would be a vote machine ranking from 0 - 10. Everyone can vote from 0 - 10 on each and every logo. There could be a separate page set up showing which logos are ranked Top 10 overall by average votes , Bottom 10 overall, and top 10 overall vote-getters (which may or may not be popular.)

Maybe break it down by league too.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

it would be nice to have an end all 'best logo' contest that was offical. I am just tired of always looking on these pages and seeing every other thread 'best' or 'worst' of. And we know everyone usually pick their favorite hometown.

Maybe we could do like a tournment where first we suggest a field of 64 logos. Then we could have a playoff system for each sport. After that, we then have the best of go head to head with the different sports. I think that would be more organize. I would rather say ' if i had to choose between these two i would pick this' instead of saying 'i think my pick is the best out of everyone's.

it would be nice to have an end all 'best logo' contest that was offical.  I am just tired of always looking on these pages and seeing every other thread 'best' or 'worst' of.  And we know everyone usually pick their favorite hometown.

Maybe we could do like a tournment where first we suggest a field of 64 logos.  Then we could have a playoff system for each sport.  After that, we then have the best of go head to head with the different sports.  I think that would be more organize.  I would rather say ' if i had to choose between these two i would pick this' instead of saying 'i think my pick is the best out of everyone's.

You could do 8 brackets of 8 teams each (Names at random. They can be determined later).

NFL- Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Texans, Buccaneers, Bears, Chargers, Raiders

MLB- Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Giants, Cubs, Tigers, Cardinals, Brewers

NHL- Canadiens, Senators, Rangers, Bruins, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Blues

NBA- Nets, Mavericks, Cavaliers, Bulls, Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, Bobcats :P

College- Ohio State, Southern Cal., Texas, Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan, Notre Dame

Professional Soccer- Arsenal, Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax Amsterdam, Boca Juniors, PSV Einhoven, Bayern Munich

International teams (IIHF Hockey/FIFA Soccer/FIBA Basketball)- USA Hockey, Hockey Canada, Swedish Ice Hockey Federation, Brazil Soccer, England Soccer, Germany Soccer, Australia Soccer, USA Basketball

Miscellaneous (Rugby, Cricket, Aussie Rules, CFL, Hurling, European hockey, etc.)- New Zealand All Blacks, Cricket Australia, Toronto Argonauts, Adelaide Crows, AIK Solna, Red Army Moscow, Collingwood (AFL), Olun Karpat

You could keep the brackets pure (intrasport matchups, which would simultaneously determine the CCSLC's pick for best of each sport) until the Elite 8, or mix-and-match (i.e. Pittsburgh Steelers vs. PSV Einhoven). Qualifying would be a bit amusing also (Choose the top 8 College logos. Yikes!)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Here's another idea, although I'm not sure if Chris has the time or abilitiy to implement it...

On every logo page, there would be a vote machine ranking from 0 - 10. Everyone can vote from 0 - 10 on each and every logo. There could be a separate page set up showing which logos are ranked Top 10 overall by average votes , Bottom 10 overall, and top 10 overall vote-getters (which may or may not be popular.)

I think this is the best way to do it and, whether he knows it or not, it is something Chris is able to do. Whether he has time is something I can't speak about.

The results would be very unscientific, as there's no real way to stop people from voting twice (or more), but no worse than any of the online polls that the news agencies run.

i do like that, just a casual voting system for each logo that people can vote for each time they pass by. That way another "Best logo" thing comes along, you just get the stats. And stats tend not to lie, the best ones will be chosen. Many people on here vote for the best anyways rather than the hometown favorite, people who know logos anyways.

On every logo page, there would be a vote machine ranking from 0 - 10.  Everyone can vote from 0 - 10 on each and every logo.  There could be a separate page set up showing which logos are ranked Top 10 overall by average votes , Bottom 10 overall, and top 10 overall vote-getters (which may or may not be popular.)

I think this is the best way to do it and, whether he knows it or not, it is something Chris is able to do. Whether he has time is something I can't speak about.

The results would be very unscientific, as there's no real way to stop people from voting twice (or more), but no worse than any of the online polls that the news agencies run.

Not that I know anything about webpage design, but there might be a way to let each screen name vote once for each logo... once you put in a vote for a particular logo you can't vote for it again.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Not that I know anything about webpage design, but there might be a way to let each screen name vote once for each logo... once you put in a vote for a particular logo you can't vote for it again.

That's possible, too, but it requires the board system to be tied into the main site and that's not currently the case. It also requires you to be a logged in board user to vote, which could be considered restrictive.

Archived