Mike martz

STL FANATIC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STL's getting hung out to dry here...

Brett Favre is an amazing QB, it's true. The last few years he's led an undermanned team to overperform... but look back to the year GB won the SB... he had quite a few quality players around him if I remember correctly, including a defense that was much better than StL's in their championship season.

Both Favre and Warner are 1-1 in SBs... Warner was shaky at the start of the 2nd, but almost managed to lead his team back, and forced Vinatieri to make a tough kick to win it (conspiracy theories aside, it was a close game that could've gone either way).

Kurt was classy about backing up Marc the whole way. Sure he's gonna say he'd like to start, anyone would, but never did he go all Keyshawn and say "I'm waay better than green lantern Marc", nor did he ever have anything but the team's best intentions on his mind. Brenda Warner (she's an ex-Marine... what have you done for your country lately? :;):) spoke out once out of frustration, and now she'll die a thousand deaths in the media and the public eye because of it.

Kurt initially got the Rams' starting QB spot because of a season-ending injury to Trent Green very early in the season. Nothing Trent Green had done to that point (albeit for the 'Skins) pointed to him being able to do what Kurt did (throw for 4,353 yds, 41 TDs vs 13 INTs, 109.2 QB rating, win the SB).

A completely healthy Marc Bulger throws for 4 INTs and one fumble vs the ARIZONA CARDINALS (this isn't exactly the '73 Dolphins we're talking about)... you have a healthy former-MVP/SB MVP on your bench. I know what I'm going to do.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I really wish that Warmer broke a bone or something, so he could have lost his job the same way he stole Trent Green's job. No one even knew if Green could lead the team, because he never got his job back.

Warner is a very, VERY overrated quarterback. And i don't care about his story either, he got his job due to someone elses injury, and that person never got it back. Now he's gonna bitch about losing his job to a backup (and he did bitch and moan, he wasn't "classy" in the begining), and his wife is gonna bitch and moan like the diesel-dyke she is? No. I have no sympathy for Warner. Let him go somewhere else, and see if he can pull off his Warner "Magic" without Holt or Bruce or Faulk....

and STL....

Warner just ranks up there with Favre, and Marino

.....i wasn't sure before, but now i know... you're absolutly insane...

Green could have led the team. He did it in preseason, and he would have continued. You can't take away what Warner did though. I feel bad for Green, but, I think the only way you lose your job to injury is pretty much what Green had. He was out the entire year, and how can you justify putting Green back in when the team did what it did with Warner at the helm, and Warner put up those numbers? I'm glad to see Green succeed now (actually I hate it cuz those Chiefs w/ Vermiel have everything like the '99 Rams).

When did he "bitch and moan"? He didn't. Why do people always wanna believe the bad report when everything else is good? He's never "bitched and moaned". He made a took a shot within advice at Martz around Week 3 when he was asked about Bulger starting and said once a coach picks a QB he needs to stand by him. Well, he's telling Martz to stand by Bulger, but he's also telling him that he made a commitment to Warner and wrongly went back on it. As for his wife, she said one thing that wasn't necessary last year and now everyone is on her. Shut the F up about that. This year all she did was answer a question honestly in a situation the media set her up for and she gets yelled at. Is it wrong for her to say that they want Warner to play and he deserves to and if it's not in STL so be it? No, that's a perfect thing to say.

It obviously takes a supporting cast to win. Many a QB has proved that. It's a team sport. However, if Warner is forced to move to another team, with any luck he has a fair supporting cast, and he will comeback and kill the Rams. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

STL's getting hung out to dry here...

Brett Favre is an amazing QB, it's true. The last few years he's led an undermanned team to overperform... but look back to the year GB won the SB... he had quite a few quality players around him if I remember correctly, including a defense that was much better than StL's in their championship season.

Both Favre and Warner are 1-1 in SBs... Warner was shaky at the start of the 2nd, but almost managed to lead his team back, and forced Vinatieri to make a tough kick to win it (conspiracy theories aside, it was a close game that could've gone either way).

Kurt was classy about backing up Marc the whole way. Sure he's gonna say he'd like to start, anyone would, but never did he go all Keyshawn and say "I'm waay better than green lantern Marc", nor did he ever have anything but the team's best intentions on his mind. Brenda Warner (she's an ex-Marine... what have you done for your country lately? :;):) spoke out once out of frustration, and now she'll die a thousand deaths in the media and the public eye because of it.

Kurt initially got the Rams' starting QB spot because of a season-ending injury to Trent Green very early in the season. Nothing Trent Green had done to that point (albeit for the 'Skins) pointed to him being able to do what Kurt did (throw for 4,353 yds, 41 TDs vs 13 INTs, 109.2 QB rating, win the SB).

A completely healthy Marc Bulger throws for 4 INTs and one fumble vs the ARIZONA CARDINALS (this isn't exactly the '73 Dolphins we're talking about)... you have a healthy former-MVP/SB MVP on your bench. I know what I'm going to do.

Pretty close to a perfect post, SyPhi. The Rams are heading into a tough part of the schedule and then the playoffs. Bulger just played like crap over the easiest part of the season. He's lucky he's got most of these games at home, but I don't think he'll do so hot. Martz is a moron and an egotistical maniac, so he'll lose before admitting his mistake. Were gonna have our hands full with Minnesota.

The Rams should regret the day they ever let go of Trent Green. You can't justify taking out Bulger when he's lead the team to a share of the NFC's best record, no matter how's he's played over weeks. He doesn't have near the supporting cast that Warner did, and his running game is averaging a tad bit over 75 yards.

Without a consistent running game and the amazing WR's that made Kurt Warner a star. Bulger is STILL 3rd in the leaguein total yards and like, 8th in the league in TD's, and middle of the league in INT's. He had a few bad games, Brett Favre has had a few bad games, everyone will have a few bad games... and if every coach called for their QB's head for being no more than a solid QB, there'd be alot of coaches without jobs and tons of QB controvery's.

As big of an idiot that Mike Martz is... he's being payed millions of dollars to make this exact decision and I trust he will make the right one. Bottomline is that the team is winning, that's all that matters. This isn't a Super Bowl caliber team to begin with. So you might as well play the young'n and let him get experience because he's your future, at this point. Warner is overrated, injury prone, whiney, and did I mention he's overrated? I remember seeing him scream at his recievers a few years back for making a mistake. Kinda ironic when they were the only reason we're having this debate.

And the Chiefs team is nothing like the Super Bowl Rams. The Chiefs lack the big play WR's that made Kurt Warner an undeserving Superbowl MVP. The Chiefs have a better running game and just as good of a reciever out of the back field. Green is leading this team without the luxury of the recievers that Kurt Warner had. Now, throw Green into the Rams old offense...

and unfortunately, the Rams probably will make the playoffs.

IUe6Hvh.png

Personally speaking I  don't Mike Martz as a head coach at all. The guy too over a superbowl winning team, had a team that perhaps should have made a run at being a dynasty and has turned them into just another contender. If I too over the Rams tomorrow the first change I would make is to fire Martz. Well okay I guess I would leave that till the end of the season but he would be on the way.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Bulger doesn't have the supporting cast? He has an offense line, he still has Bruce and Holt (unfortunately he only uses Holt), not too mention probably the best young recievers in Looker, Curtis, McDonald and Furrey. Looker is as good as Proehl I think.

All Bulger can prove to me right now is that he might deserve to be a starter somewhere. The benching of Warner was such a dumb move that I'll have to see Warner play again before I can say Bulger might be better. Right now I know Warner is better.

At least they try and run for Bulger. Do you know what they did to Warner before they benched him? They played an Oline who had never played together and imbalanced the game by running 8 times. That's terrible. They set Warner up to fail (I'm not claiming that was done on purpose). Bulger has everything in his advantage, and barely squeaks by.

Does anyone know if Minnesota has a good Defensive Line? Gosh, I hope so...

Um... Bruce is still, statistically, a top 5 WR in the NFL.  Or atleast top 10, I'm not remembering right now.  Not to mention, he's just shy of 1,000 yards on the season.  And this team is not nearly as loaded as when Warner was in control.  The offensive line is just a little bit better than it was and the defense is not nearly as good.  And their current combos of WR's do not compare to the combo of Bruce, Hakim, Holt, Proehl, and Faulk outta the backfield.

I could've thrown for 4,000 yards with those recievers and all the time he had in the pocket.

IUe6Hvh.png

That's just how good Bruce is. Bulger just finally started throwing to him last week though.

Anyway, I'll admit Bulger has a slightly depleated recieving corps, but not terribly.

As for the defense, that's the only thing saving Bulger. The Rams usually won games 35-30 during Warners time...in '01 I think they were might have been pretty good though. Right now, if it weren't for our D and Wilkins, Marc would be on the bench (or Martz would look even dumber) and the Rams would be no better than 6-4.

Kurt could be playing but Kurt said keep the kid in.

Kurt was probably not coming in that game anyway. He did however tell Martz that leaving Bulger in was the right thing to do. He's the classiest guy in sports. He supports his team no matter how much he is getting screwed.

The Rams have the 8th ranked D in the NFL and the 3rd in the NFC this year. They, along with Wilkins, have been continually bailing Bulger.

Apparently Minnesota doesn't have a huge pass rush, but it only takes one hit I guess. Either way, they have the most interceptions in the league, and Marc Bulger has the second most thrown. Will Martz keep Bulger in so long it results in a lose?...we'll see...

The year they won the Super Bowl, the Defense was as good, if not better than the 2001 Rams Defense. They didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher in the regular season or Playoffs, having only allowed 242 points against in the regular season. If I've done my match correctly... that's an amazing 15 PPG.

I must concede, I just got my facts straight. 1999 and 2001 were good D years. 2000 and 2002 were crap years. This year they are good again.

But nearly everyone but Martz knows Warner is better too.

It comes down to the fact that Martz has taken over the team like he's king or something. Pays no mind to anything other than he decided arrogantly to play Bulger, and will sink with him, instead of coach it as a team.

I will say this... there is a reason that despite the most talented teams in the NFL, they didn't win the Super Bowl early in Martz's turn as Head Coach. Yup, you guessed the reason... Mike Martz :D

Oh, and it won't lemme log into the board anymore. I log in alright and it says "you are now logged in as..." but then it just redirects me back to not being logged in. Know the possible reason for this?

I have no idea why.

And, while I strongly believe the conspiracy, if that's not the case, it is indeed because Martz wouldn't run the ball, but meh...

This is what makes him so stupid...he was asked about the QB situation, and about him considering Warner the last two weeks and he turned into a 4 year old Dr. Evil...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoda....403.ram

After today's great TEAM win, here's what I had to say on another post about the QB situation.

"Bulger played well today. I can't ignore that. He didn't play awesome, he also didn't suck, he did play well though. The Rams as a team were great, and for the first time in 4 weeks he made us better not worse.

The thing is, he could play awesome and I wouldn't shut up. It's not that I hate him or hate the Rams or anything. It's the fact that Warner never should have been benched, aand until Warner gets another chance I won't shut up. It was not remotely fair to Warner. Even the "what have you done for me lately" doesn't make it fair. Warner deserves another shot. I do think one way or another he'll get one though.

I'm pumped we just killed the Vikings and probably established ourselves as the best team in the league...errr, I guess the NFC, though we gotta be comparable to the Chiefs by now. I just think Warner is the best QB, got screwed, and think he deserves another shot. I am a Rams, a Warner fan, even a Bulger fan, so I'm happy today."

Archived