Mike martz

STL FANATIC

Mike Martz is such a moron. How in the world do you watch Bulger play as he has the last four weeks and act like he is the best QB in the league.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoda....ting+QB

He's no where near the best QB on the team, let alone the league. I can't take this anymore. We're going no where in the playoffs with Bulger...especially if we can't manage home field.

I've said since the switch was made the Warner will regain the job. Well, I think if the Rams had a head coach who knew anything, I would have been proven right. Unfortunatley, it appears the Bulger will have to get injured for Warner to ever play in St. Louis again.

Nothing serious, but a sprained ankle for Bulger would be alright. I like the guy, but he's barely an above average QB, and I want to see the guy who gives the Rams the best chance at winning the Super Bowl play.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warner is incredibly classy, but I don't think that is the reasoning. Martz claims that the victory verse Chicago gave him enormous trust in Bulger, but there's not many teams in the league that wouldn't have their backup in the game with the performance Bulger put forth. He's lucky Wilkins is dead on from 49 yds.

Let's keep in mind that during the last three games, regardless of his performance for the first 59 minutes (or more) of the game, he was at the controls at the last minute and succeeded in getting his team into GWFG range.  I think, ultimately, it's that ability to do what is needed in order to get or preserve the win that puts him a peg or so above Warner.  If you look at Warner's last several games as a starter, he was unable to perform in the waning and crucial minutes and ultimately kept the Rams from having a shot at pulling out the win.  Let's keep in mind that the FINAL score is the only one that counts at 0:00 and in the standings.  Style points are for figure skaters.

And frankly, I think Warner may be a bigger head case than Martz, not from an ego standpoint, but from a panic standpoint.  That poor guy got knocked around so much that I think he just can't think straight enough not to cough up the ball under pressure.  I feel bad for him but pity doesn't get guys the ball in the NFL.    

I think something else to keep in perspective is the fact that nobody from the Rams organization ever made a statement suggesting Warner was untouchable from a trading standpoint.  Nonetheless, we didn't see anyone knocking on the door wanting to discuss a deal.  Makes me wonder whether others in the know from other teams also have reason to believe he's damaged goods.

Kurt Warner was a huge part of something very special in this community - something that longtime St. Louis pro football fans never thought they'd see - but if he's not THAT Kurt Warner anymore, he doesn't deserve the starter job based on past glories.  And if Bulger finally breaks and can't get the job done anymore, I trust that Martz will do what he has to do.

First of all I just want to say how incredibly classy Warner is.  I know this guy wants to play badly, but he's kept his mouth shut and has nothing but good things to say about Bulger.  This is even more amazing nowadays when guys just can't shut the f*** up and play.

I think Warner is a little bit better than Bulger, when Warner is on.  I think there was something seriously wrong with him (physically or mentally) that is making him play so poorly.  I think he needs the chance to get a few more starts under his belt so he can get comfortable in the pocket.  I think he was more injured than he lead us to beleive.  When Warner is on he is better than Bulger because he makes quicker reads, the ball is out of his hands quicker, he has better poclet presence (i.e. buys time with little side steps and movement, something he did much better than Bulger).

I don't think you change qb's after a win.  I think if Bulger keeps playing like this, then first loss and Warner is in.

Warner is true class.  Maybe a ponder at possibly returning to the AFL?  

I do remember a sign when I was at the 49er game.  2 gorgeous ladies (who were Ram fans) had a sign:

Hey Brenda Warner:

Why don't you break out a can of

SHUT THE HELL UP!

We love Marc Bulger.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I am a huge Kurt Warner fan. The Winnipeg WildFire have kept him under contract despite his current status, and will do whatever is necessary (within reason of course) to keep it that way.

The unfortunate reality is that he has had some injury problems, and has not regained his form. If he were in baseball, they could send him down to the minors where he could get some confidence back in his decision making, get in game shape, and then come back with a vengeance. Unfortunately in the destroy-or-be-destroyed world of the NFL, where there is no solid minor-league affiliation system, this is not a possibility.

I still think Kurt will make a comeback, either this season or next, and will regain his Super Bowl/NFL MVP form. I just hope this happens with the Rams.

As questionable Martz's decisions may be, the man is loyal to his players, and I think knowing that your coach has that kind of confidence in you can do wonders for a young QB. Let's hope that confidence doesn't hurt the team.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Anyone who says Kurt is done is ludicris. He was injured all last year and had a concussion this year, not to mention playing calling totally against him (not necessarily on purpose, but 8 runs?) and a first time playing together O line. He had a phenomenal preseason, so to think he is done because he had a bad game in bad circumstances is done. I'm sticking by my man.

Ya know what? I like Bulger. Man are the Rams gonna be tough in the future with him. He's proving to me he's getting rushed, though.. Yes, I'm glad he can make a couple of throws at the end of the game, but he had to rely on Jeff Wilkins to make a fairly given one for a tie, but a 49 yder for a win is all on Wilky. Imagine if Wilkins misses...Cards get the ball on the 39...Bulger than looks a lot worse...he's just not proved to me he's anywhere near better than a healthy Kurt, and I'm pretty sure Kurt's healthy. Bulger's record of 14-3 is quite inflated playing against bad teams. He's never one a big game...blows a huge division game to the Seahawks in the 4th (14 point lead...though, Martz gets a lot of that too since Mad Mike can't recognize the fact that Bulger blows at the deep ball but called it three times in critical situations), losses to the 49ers, who aren't anything special and it was a division game. Bulger has beat teams who are over .500 just twice.

Unfortunatley, by not even bringing Kurt in during the last game, Martz has shown he will not put Kurt in ever unless of an injury. That's why, for the Rams sake I first hope Martz gets smart, and if that doesn happen then maybe Bulger can get a minor ankle tweak.

As for a trade with Kurt, if any one of the two is not here next year it will be Bulger. If the Rams waive or trade Kurt they take a huge cap hit. The Rams have already said that it is incredibly unlikely he gets moved because of that.

As for Brenda...

She may have been wrong saying something last year, but not this year. The media tries to get this to happen. It's there fault. They want her to say this stuff by giving her a weekly interview. They asked her if they were open to a trade. What is she supposed to say. She said they want him to play and that he can start. If that's not in St. Louis so be it. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, while she was off criticizing Martz last year, I really wish she'd tell him to get a clue right about now.

I may differ with everyone in opinion... but I don't feel Kurt Warner is any worse than he has ever been.  I also don't feel that Kurt Warner was any sort of high-caliber NFL player, but merely a product of the system.  To be honest, throw Marc Bulger in a system with as high-quality of wide recievers as the Rams had and he would put up the same sort of production.

Alot of defense have trouble preparing for teams with 2 solid WR's... Imagine the troubles with trying to guard two of the leagues top WR's, a man, who is at any time, the fastest on the field, and the league's (at the time) best and most prepared RB who was already a known threat as a reciever out of the backfield since his Indy days.  Marshall Faulk alone was a guaranteed 1,000 yards.  And oh, he's a threat as a RB, too.

Besides, you don't yank a QB who's led you to a share of the NFC's best record.  For 59:00 minutes, he doesn't look pretty, but in that final minute, he's more clutch than Warner will ever be.

IUe6Hvh.png

You also don't yank a 2 time MVP and SB MVP. And to say he is more clutch than Warner is absolute crap. Warner in the superbowl, that was clutch. Bulger being able to manage to over come a deficit caused by himself against the worst teams in the league is just a bad situation.

Correction - You yank a two time MVP and Superbowl MVP if under him, the back-up can lead the team to victory... which in the weeks prior to Bulger playing last year, and in Week 1 this year, looks unachievable.

Let us not forget that in Super Bowl XXXIV... the Rams started the game with 6 straight drives inside the Titans 20, resulting in 3 FG's and a TD, and Warner failed to lead them to covert on the 3rd down that would've sealed the game.  And the game winning Touchdown was a great play by Isaac Bruce on what could've been something of a more routine catch down the sideline and would've still kept them out of automatic FG range.  Bruce was wide open most QB's could've gotten him the ball on that 'clutch' play.

Also, Bruce and Holt accounted for almost 300 yards recieving.  Seems to me like they did alot of work.

If ANYONE was clutch in that game, it was Steve McNair, despite the loss.  He managed the clock perfectly and came back form a 16-0 deficit.  He put the ball where it needed to go on that last play, but the reciever didn't have the momentum to get the ball across.

IUe6Hvh.png

IntheEnd, your not the only one who feels that way. The Rams were good with Faulk. Once Martz went away from giving the ball to Faulk and he got hurt, the Rams offense started to fail.

Warner is overrated because of his story. I don't think Bulger is the real deal either. I think the Rams need to go get themselves a real QB.

Also, the Rams shouldn't have been in Super Bowl XXXIV, it was a bad call (or should I say review), that cost the Bucs in the NFC Championship.

Off the Subject: Does anyone else think that Warners wife sorta looks manish.

It isn't hard to hit a guy that wide open, but Bulger has only faced crummy teams, and when's the last time you saw him set up a WR for a big gain? He doesn't. He can't throw long.

Let's see, Wilkins kicked a 49 yard field goal to win that game. Sounds like he did the clutch work, not Bulger.

All I know is Warner was and is a lot better than Bulger is, and the Rams are not gonna get far into the playoffs if a switch is not made.

Since when does not being able to throw the long ball make someone incapable of being a good QB? Someone should tell Jeff Garcia and Chad Pennington this cuz' they look like damn fine QB's to me...

I think putting Bulger with those QB's might be a good assessment. Warner just ranks up there with Favre, and Marino.

After a few good years on an absolutely loaded team?  Hardly.  Nobody belongs in a class with Brett Favre simply based on the fact that when he breaks a finger or suffers any other injury... he plays through out, and 90% of the time, plays good football.  Not to mention he makes names for WR's like Donald Driver who were nothing before last year.  Warner gets hurt?  Plays horrible, costs his team games, and is finally benched.  And when Chad Pennington played, he was stastically the best QB in the league.  Jeff Garcia has put up Pro Bowl caliber season after Pro Bowl Caliber season without a legitimate #2 WR.

IUe6Hvh.png

I really wish that Warmer broke a bone or something, so he could have lost his job the same way he stole Trent Green's job. No one even knew if Green could lead the team, because he never got his job back.

Warner is a very, VERY overrated quarterback. And i don't care about his story either, he got his job due to someone elses injury, and that person never got it back. Now he's gonna bitch about losing his job to a backup (and he did bitch and moan, he wasn't "classy" in the begining), and his wife is gonna bitch and moan like the diesel-dyke she is? No. I have no sympathy for Warner. Let him go somewhere else, and see if he can pull off his Warner "Magic" without Holt or Bruce or Faulk....

and STL....

Warner just ranks up there with Favre, and Marino

.....i wasn't sure before, but now i know... you're absolutly insane...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived