New UW Huskies Unis?

hawk36

He was probably talking about them using new uniforms with the Cordera polyester that Nike uses. The stuff is supposed to resist moisture, meaning that it won't be weighed down by sweat during a football game. As a result, it is supposed to be lighter. However, I wouldn't think that it would result in a change of overall design.

He was probably talking about them using new uniforms with the Cordera polyester that Nike uses. The stuff is supposed to resist moisture, meaning that it won't be weighed down by sweat during a football game. As a result, it is supposed to be lighter. However, I wouldn't think that it would result in a change of overall design.

Ah, but didn't we also believe that a change in the materials used to make hockey sweaters shouldn't affect their overall design, the pretext used by Nike and Reebok in their design overhauls at the international and NHL levels? I'm not saying you're not correct in believing that (I agree with you completely), but I also wouldn't be surprised if advances in materials was cited by Nike as the reason the appearance must be altered. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I see your point about a change in materials causing a change in design. This is Nike after all. Just ask Ohio State, Miami, Virginia Tech, and other teams that have changed design due to change of material. But, Florida didn't change design after changing to Nike's Cordera jerseys. So, you just never know.

Oklahoma will be wearing the new material Nike jerseys this year too. Other than the different kind of materials actually making up the jersey, the look of the jersey is essentially the same. But it really does appear that with these new sorts of jerseys a team will not be able to fit much on the sleeves/shoulders at all. Since all OU has are numbers on the sleeves, it still looks essentially the same. But with Ohio State and now Virginia, the sleeves had to be changed to fit on the new jersey design. Ohio state got smaller stripes while Virginia dropped the tv numbers from the shoulders. The one really obvious change that has come from the change in jerseys for OU will be that there will no longer be names on the backs of the jerseys. The coaches did not like the new round name plates and felt that they did not blend in with the other material of the jersey like the older designs did. The nameplates also have to be smaller because the jerseys are tighter, and the coaches felt that in many cases longer names would be impossible to read anyhow. The coaches also mentioned that the new jerseys have been several years in the making. Nike came to them with a design and the coaches did not like it at all. So Nike worked with OU until the coaches felt that the resulting jersey design was acceptable and close enough to the traditional look.

I have a feeling that this process is going on at many other universities right now as well. So perhaps Washington will have to make some very slight changes as well, or they could have liked what Nike first presented and gone with a total redesign. Either way, it looks like Nike is at least a little willing to work with the schools to acheive the desired look.

Oklahoma will be wearing the new material Nike jerseys this year too.  Other than the different kind of materials actually making up the jersey, the look of the jersey is essentially the same.  But it really does appear that with these new sorts of jerseys a team will not be able to fit much on the sleeves/shoulders at all.  Since all OU has are numbers on the sleeves, it still looks essentially the same.  But with Ohio State and now Virginia, the sleeves had to be changed to fit on the new jersey design.  Ohio state got smaller stripes while Virginia dropped the tv numbers from the shoulders.  The one really obvious change that has come from the change in jerseys for OU will be that there will no longer be names on the backs of the jerseys.  The coaches did not like the new round name plates and felt that they did not blend in with the other material of the jersey like the older designs did.  The nameplates also have to be smaller because the jerseys are tighter, and the coaches felt that in many cases longer names would be impossible to read anyhow.  The coaches also mentioned that the new jerseys have been several years in the making.  Nike came to them with a design and the coaches did not like it at all.  So Nike worked with OU until the coaches felt that the resulting jersey design was acceptable and close enough to the traditional look.

hpfirtlflhmrvtq20060805002248vr3.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived