Phightin' phillies?

buster04

I guess that doesnt make sense, you are right, cough padres...cough seahawks.. cough SF Giants.. cough etc.. no sense at all.. you get where I am going with this..

Why not bring back the maroon?  That's the only time the Phillies did anything of importance (i.e. win the World Series).

Their best player of all time wore the maroon (Schmidt), so did their best pitcher (Carlton).  If it's good enough for the classics, it's good enough for the new park.

Plus, the horrid "candy" font used for the numbers is way past it's prime.

Candy font? The Phillies stayed in the same font family. The maroon & white Phillies used Helvetica bold/heavy for their numbers until they went back to red. Now they use Helvetica Rounded Narrow Bold, both for names and numbers.

At least it's consistent.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If the Phillies go back to the maroon they'll be hopping back and forth as the retro age changes.... when they switched 12 years ago 50s was in... now 70s/80s are in.   They could keep flipping back and forth.

I see the same for New York's Professional Football teams in the distant future one day.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I guess that doesnt make sense, you are right, cough padres...cough seahawks.. cough SF Giants.. cough etc.. no sense at all.. you get where I am going with this..

Why not bring back the maroon? That's the only time the Phillies did anything of importance (i.e. win the World Series).

Their best player of all time wore the maroon (Schmidt), so did their best pitcher (Carlton). If it's good enough for the classics, it's good enough for the new park.

Plus, the horrid "candy" font used for the numbers is way past it's prime.

I was being sarcastic, to the guy who first replyed to me.. sorry.

I see the same for New York's Professional Football teams in the distant future one day.

Jets, maybe... not the Giants. I think their current looks will stick for alot longer than most... in fact i don't see the Giants changing again in my lifetime...

As for the Phillies... their uniforms now are so classy and beautiful, they fit the new park they are going into. The Maroon and Bird:censored: Blue are Vet's Stadium era.. they don't fit. (thank god)

Leave the Phils alone. They have a real nice uniform as it is...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Candy font? The Phillies stayed in the same font family. The maroon & white Phillies used Helvetica bold/heavy for their numbers until they went back to red. Now they use Helvetica Rounded Narrow Bold, both for names and numbers.

At least it's consistent.

The Helvetica ROUNDED makes all the difference...

Not the same, technically.

Why not bring back the maroon? That's the only time the Phillies did anything of importance (i.e. win the World Series).

Their best player of all time wore the maroon (Schmidt), so did their best pitcher (Carlton). If it's good enough for the classics, it's good enough for the new park.

Who says they didn't do anything important in it, in one of the first years they had it they went to the series. And they had plenty of good players play in it, like Nails Dykstra and of course Kruk. And of course let's not forget the fact that these uniforms are really nice, and that the old ones just sucked.

Archived