New Illinois Basketball Uniforms

illini1

Personally...you take away 2 elements and I really like these.

The sholder stripes and the bottom of the shorts. If the side striping just continued all the way down and didn't finish in some weird geometric pattern I'd like the set.

I just realized on the orange (if that's legit) Illinois and the number are the same color, which I like.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap, sucks even worse than I thought now.

The striping on the side of the jerseys gets wider as it goes down. Why don't these companies understand that the jerseys get tucked in so that crap doesn't work?

And there's still the fact that the striping on the side is seperated white/ORANGE/navy while the numbers are closed white/navy. Dumb.

Stupid.

I hate these uniforms.

I hope Illinois plays Florida sometime this season. Can you imagine the number of turnovers? Players would constantly be passing to the other team, since the only difference between their uniforms is the font, and that's pretty hard to recognize when playing basketball at full speed.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Looks like most Illinois fans like them. I'm not sure why.

http://mb30.scout.com/fillinoisinsiderfrm1...cID=79488.topic

The new uniform discussion starts a few pages into it. The first few pages talks about the throwbacks that Nike is coming out with for Illinois. The shorts actually have the Chief on them! They actually look really good. I don't know why we couldn't where them.

they don't have the chief on them:

15190201_z.jpg

They CAN'T sell anythign with the chief below the belt at all. Including shorts. Its a rule they've put into place. Plus those aren't very close to what they actually wore in 1989 OR what they wore 2 years ago.

I read further in the thread, turns out they were up there initially with the Chief, but Nike didn't know about the under the belt rule. Its been recently changed to what is above.

The ones they wore 2 years ago had the chief logo on them, but like I said, they can't sell them.

Not only that...the 1989 jersey has Deron Williams on it???

15102005_z.jpg

The opinions seemed to be mixed. Oddly enough, the opposite of what we thought here. They hated the waist band...that was the part most here liked if anything.

I'm looking at these everyday and I'm still indifferent. I didn't like what we had before, and these aren't an improvement, but they aren't that much worse (which isn't saying much). I can honestly say, i've NEVER been blown away by a basketball uniform design, except maybe the 1994 Arkansas Razorbacks. Those were simple but still somewhat modern.

The number font on those throwbacks is horrible, but I will probably get one anyway. As for the shorts, I would have to see them in person first before I bought them. I would only buy them if I could find Chief patches to sew on that were roughly the same size as the Circle I logos.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The number font on those throwbacks is horrible, but I will probably get one anyway. As for the shorts, I would have to see them in person first before I bought them. I would only buy them if I could find Chief patches to sew on that were roughly the same size as the Circle I logos.

There are Chief patches available around here that I would guess are roughly that size.

Those shorts have been changed. When they first showed up on Eastbay's website they had the Chief on them. They must have gotten in trouble and had to change it.

Here is a quote from Illiniboard:

The shorts will also only come in orange, and will have the Nike Circle Block I logo on the sides and (unfortunately) NOT THE CHIEF. Under direction from the Chancellor's office, Illinois licensing has not allowed the Chief logo to be used "below the belt" on any apparel items, including pants, sweatpants, boxers, shorts, etc. The Nike graphic artists didn't realize this when they put together the first sample line. When it got to licensing for final approval, it was nixed (just like all bottoms with the Chief logo since August 2001) and Nike had to redo the artwork for final production.

The "FIGHTING" on the throwback pictured is off-balance. Hope that's a prototype. Nike is just scoring big-time all over this thread, aren't they?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

The number font on those throwbacks is horrible, but I will probably get one anyway.  As for the shorts, I would have to see them in person first before I bought them.  I would only buy them if I could find Chief patches to sew on that were roughly the same size as the Circle I logos.

There are Chief patches available around here that I would guess are roughly that size.

I know I am coming back for homecoming, but I don't know if I will go to any other games this year. Which store would have them? The only place I remember seeing Chief patches was Te Shurt, and I only remember bigger ones.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

TIS had some a couple of years ago that would probably work perfect. I put it on a sweatshirt.

They are availible online too! 4" across.

http://www.tisbookui.com/item-detail.cfm?s...id=2&subcatid=3

They also ahave a 2" version.

If I remember right they had quite a few other sizes in the store. I think the 4" would be perfect, but might be a touch too big.

I have one and they are high quality. If you are going to get the shorts, these would work perfect.

TIS had some a couple of years ago that would probably work perfect. I put it on a sweatshirt.

They are availible online too! 4" across.

They also ahave a 2" version.

If I remember right they had quite a few other sizes in the store. I think the 4" would be perfect, but might be a touch too big.

I have one and they are high quality. If you are going to get the shorts, these would work perfect.

Thanks, man. I will pick those up after the homecoming game!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't know if it's still in business, because I haven't been down to Champaign in years, but there used to be a store called "te shurt" on Wright that sold some nice Chief patches, too. Of course, my girlfriend used to work in the shirt shop at T.I.S., so my loyalties are torn.

I just realized that this thread is making me miss the Shark Bowl. Sniffle. Oh, R&R's, gone but not forgotten.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I KNOW I saw patches at te shurt (yes, it still exists), and I thought I saw them a TIS, and pcgd seems to have confirmed that.

Btw, does anybody where an XL or an XXL bball jersey? Because FOLLETS has a ton of the old (now) orange jerseys and a couple of the navy's with #11 on them on sale for $12 dollars. The numbers and letters are printed. They also have authentics (or at least they seem authentic..everything is sewn on, and the jersey material seems authentic as opposed to the others) of those stupid ACC/BigTen Challenger jerseys--the navy ones with silver shoulders--on sale for $20.

I'm contemplating picking up both the orange and the ugly authentic just to have. I'd never fit in them though, and I'd never wanna wear that one with silver shoulders.

You're a freshman in college, STL. Don't buy any clothing in a size lower than the one you currently occupy.

There are two orange Illinois #11 basketball jerseys on eBay right now in size XL running in a very cheap price range. One of them's being sold out of Champaign, so you might even be able to get out of having to pay shipping. Take a gander.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You're a freshman in college, STL. Don't buy any clothing in a size lower than the one you currently occupy.

There are two orange Illinois #11 basketball jerseys on eBay right now in size XL running in a very cheap price range. One of them's being sold out of Champaign, so you might even be able to get out of having to pay shipping. Take a gander.

Heh...good call.

Archived