Magic Number Watch

meetthemets

sorry, i was under the impression that the best record in baseball meant you were the best team in baseball. i guess that's not the case.

The two leagues play vastly different scheudles. It's like saying last years U of Texas team was better than the Sehawks because they had a better W-L record. I know, the division between the AL and NL is not the same as between college and pro, so relax. But the point is that for whatever reason the AL is MUCH better this year.

But take a look at the interleague records (Twins were 16-2). The Mets are playing lesser competition than are Detroit and the Yankees (and everyone in the AL).

The Mets are the best team in the NL. I think any of the top 5 AL teams would also be the best in the NL, if they were there.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry, i was under the impression that the best record in baseball meant you were the best team in baseball. i guess that's not the case.

You guys play crappy teams. The Nationals, the *gasp* Braves, and other NL teams. The Tigers play the freaking WORLD SERIES CHAMPION White Sox, the Twinkies, and other good AL teams.

Sorry bro, you being excited over being good in the NL is like Dale Jr. being excited that he's doing good in Busch. Not exactly something to be jumping for joy about.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Today's double-header loss is probably the nail on the coffin for the Braves. I haven't seen such lackluster play in a long time from the Braves while playing under Bobby Cox.

Congrats Mets on the division. May the curse of winning the East Division rest in someone else's clubhouse.....

Thank you and the Braves play today was symbolized by Andruw Jones, way to hustle in the 8th of Game 2. Woodward boots the ball at 3rd and hes still out at 1st. If I was Bobby Cox Id consider benching him for a week.

BTW make it 8 :D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Thank you and the Braves play today was symbolized by Andruw Jones, way to hustle in the 8th of Game 2. Woodward boots the ball at 3rd and hes still out at 1st. If I was Bobby Cox Id consider benching him for a week.

BTW make it 8 :D

Whoa, Hoss.

I said "Congrats Mets", as in the players on the field, not "Congrats Idiot Mets Fans Who Had Nothing To Do With The Players' Performances This Season".

Don't take credit for something you didn't do.

I am a Mets fan and all, but I do truely believe if they were an American League team, they would be battling for a Wild Card spot.

They went 5 for 11 in interleague, and right now their pitching, they would not be dominating as much.

They do have a great team, and with some added young pitching, they will be in playoff contention for the next few years. With Pedro and Glavine on the decline, and them being the #1 and #2 starters, you just can't keep going like that.

Why are people comparing past statistics with current stastics? Great the Braves won 14 or 15 straight titles but that was and is the past. Right Now, the Mets are the better team and can go up with any AL team. They are the best team in baseball (not bragging) and I'm sure if it were your team, you would be doing the same thing. Why are you talking about the Braves when they're currently not in the picture. I hate when people talk about how much championships their team won when all teams don't have equal history and the players weren't the same then as now. It's like comparing the history of the Yankees to the Devil Rays! And as for pitching, THERE IS NO TEAM RIGHT NOW WHO WAS A DOMINANT PITCHING STAFF, only like one or two starters.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I would put the Mets starting line up against any in baseball right now. The AL may be a little better than the NL but to say that a team who has had the best record in baseball for the past month would be competing for a wild card spot is ridiculous.

Realistically the AL has two more teams that are above .500 right now than the NL (9 and 7 respectively). The AL's records are not really that much better than the NL. Yeah the AL kicked ass in interleague play but who cares. Maybe some NL teams were having bad weeks. You can't compare the interleague schedule to late September/early October. I would give an edge to the AL but it's not that overwhelming.

I just think it's cool that my favorite team has the best record in baseball and that i will see them play in october.

Also about braves fans saying they are better then the mets. Yes they were, they were for 14 years in a row but that was then and all I care about now is how they are playing now and where they are going.

Anyone who thinks the Mets could beat the best in the AL is strait up stupid. You can dismiss me as a Braves fan, but goddamn, you guys have no sense if you think you can beat the Yankees or the Tigers, or whoever wins the AL.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived