Magic Number Watch

meetthemets

Just curious...how have the Mets fared in recent playoff memory?

Just sayin'.....

The last time they apeared in the playoffs they went to the World Series.

Wow wee.

If you're happy with making the postseason twice in a span of 7 seasons, by all means, rejoice.

Meanwhile, I'll gladly take making the postseason 6 seasons out of 7....

Okay, now I'll handle this one. I will show you how this whole thread got off track. Now watch carefuly how I do this. I'm only gonna do this once so pay attention. See if you can point out when you get off topic:

Your question. Read it carefully:

My answer. Read IT carefully:

Your reply:

If you're happy with making the postseason twice in a span of 7 seasons, by all means, rejoice.

See what just happened there? I'll show you again. I know I said I'd only do it once but some of you are a little slow on this so here goes...

Question:

Answer:

Reply:

You know what might be fun :D? You ask that question AGAIN, then 'll reply the same way AGAIN, then you can change the subject AGAIN, then we can have 8 more pages of the same ridiculous argument AGAIN.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sayin'.....

Wow wee.

Meanwhile, I'll gladly take making the postseason 6 seasons out of 7....

Okay, now I'll handle this one. I will show you how this whole thread got off track. Now watch carefuly how I do this. I'm only gonna do this once so pay attention. See if you can point out when you get off topic:

Your question. Read it carefully:

My answer. Read IT carefully:

Your reply:

See what just happened there? I'll show you again. I know I said I'd only do it once but some of you are a little slow on this so here goes...

Question:

Answer:

Reply:

You know what might be fun :D? You ask that question AGAIN, then 'll reply the same way AGAIN, then you can change the subject AGAIN, then we can have 8 more pages of the same ridiculous argument AGAIN.

Looks to me that you prefer your team to lose a World Series and fail to make the playoffs 5 seasons out of 7, rather than your team reaching the postseason 6 seasons out of 7.

In other words, you'd prefer to be a supporter of a team that loses more than it wins, correct?

Enjoy this season, because it won't be happening next season, according to Mets recent history.

Looks to me that you prefer your team to lose a World Series and fail to make the playoffs 5 seasons out of 7, rather than your team reaching the postseason 6 seasons out of 7.

In other words, you'd prefer to be a supporter of a team that loses more than it wins, correct?

Enjoy this season, because it won't be happening next season, according to Mets recent history.

Where are you coming up with this stuff? Seriously. I answered the question you asked me. Simple as that. Go back and read my last post AGAIN if this still isn't making sense to you. Maybe someone else can explain it because I'm obviously not getting through to you.

Overlooked in a lot of this is the fact that the Yankees have the second lowest magic number in MLB and their lead is growing every day.

If a Subway Series is ever going to happen again, it's going to happen this year.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Overlooked in a lot of this is the fact that the Yankees have the second lowest magic number in MLB and their lead is growing every day.

If a Subway Series is ever going to happen again, it's going to happen this year.

i would love that to happen, but if the mets do get to the world series and lose, i do not want see that come against the yankees. Although if the mets get to the world series and win, i'd love to see it agianst the yankees

They are off that night, if the Mets win tommorow and the Braves sweep a DH against the Phillies its over. Then again Mets win and Braves split and win Thursday it will be on the off night :wacko:.

But if Phillies take 2 of 3 it could happen Friday in Pittsburgh. Imagine this scenario. Mets magic #1 Mets vs Pittsburgh, and Xavier Nady makes the last out.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They need (ironically) a Braves win on Thursday or a Houston win on Friday to clinch Friday night.

I'm hoping for the former, because then if the Mets win on Friday, they'll be able to a little celebrating on the field and then right into the clubhouse for the champagne; rather than having to wait up to an hour for the game at Houston to end.

I assume you have Mookie at 1, any zeros?

teams-1.png

Just as one final closing post for this thread, (because damn I am not reading all that crap that you idiots have been posting since my last reply)..

All the jokes about dumb southern people..heh..I live in Indiana. I lived all of three years in Atlanta. My mom is from Indiana, my dad is from Indiana.

So really, the "durr, dumb atlanta peeplez" jokes can just stop. And I would never start a countdown if the Braves were winning. Mets fans are the only people that I've seen on this forum ever countdown to winning something, just thought I'd point that out.

Oh, and don't bother replying with all your "Braves suck! METS ROOLE! WOOO!" crap either, because I'm not reading it.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

If you're from Indiana then change your profile to say that you're from Indiana. My bad for assuming you were in Atlanta when your profile says so. And for he record, no one called Southerners or anyone from Atlanta dumb, at least I didn't. I also noticed you changed your signature. Nice. Good to know this is getting to you.

magicnumber-13.jpg

They go for the clinch tonight.

Braves suck! METS ROOLE! WOOO!

Archived