Vince Young to start over Collins for Titans

otherwilds

And John Elway never played in a bowl game. He certaintly had success in the NFL and won a few big games. The fact is college success has nothing to do with NFL success.

You sir win the Internets. After all, Tom Brady, God of Football never won a national title either.

However, back to the point of Young himself, he's basically Daunte Culpepper without the cannon arm. And considering the division he's in, his ability to run the football isn't that much of a gamebreaking asset, especially with the speed on defence that Indianapolis and Jacksonville have. And if he doesn't gain the ability real quick to read defences and react in ways other than running for his life, Tennessee will rue the day they picked him.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

.....or he could turn out the way Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman have.

I'll have none of this optimism, sir. Besides, Young's no Aikman or Manning. At least they had the ability to understand plays slightly more complicated than "Er, everyone get open!" in college.

You're right.

Young could actually win the big game. Young both defeated Oklahoma and led his team to the National Championship. Manning couldn't beat Florida, and Manning never led his team to the National Championship.

What about Aikman? :P

IMO Young will end up being another Michael Vick, only with less accuracy and a weaker arm.

Is less accuracy than Vick possible? :blink:

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I'll have none of this optimism, sir. Besides, Young's no Aikman or Manning. At least they had the ability to understand plays slightly more complicated than "Er, everyone get open!" in college.

You're right.

Young could actually win the big game. Young both defeated Oklahoma and led his team to the National Championship. Manning couldn't beat Florida, and Manning never led his team to the National Championship.

And John Elway never played in a bowl game. He certaintly had success in the NFL and won a few big games. The fact is college success has nothing to do with NFL success.

But it's a telling factor in the QB's ability.

How many big games has Peyton won in his collegiate or NFL career? Sure, Peyton looks great playing Vanderbilt and the Texans, but put him in a game where the sole attention is Peyton's leadership, and he folds.

Vince Young took a team that had for years been hyped about winning the conference, put them on his shoulders, beat a team that had continually overwhelmed them, then led his team to victory over a team that was being hyped as the "Best College Football Team of All Time" all season long.

Leadership ability just doesn't get taught in the NFL. Vince Young has shown that he has the ability to step up his play and lead his team to victory in the big games. Peyton hasn't. Simple as that.

You're right.

IMO Young will end up being another Michael Vick, only with less accuracy and a weaker arm.

What's less than zero?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

You're right.

What's less than zero?

Negative Infinity Minus 1?

"Aaron Brooks Glitch" territory?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived