Vince Young to start over Collins for Titans

otherwilds

Saturday, 09/30/06

Young to start at quarterback for Titans against Cowboys

Saturday, 09/30/06

Young to start at quarterback for Titans against Cowboys

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer The Tennessean newspaper

The Vince Young era officially begins Sunday.

The Titans, who have struggled to an 0-3 start, will give their quarterback of the future his first NFL start against the Dallas Cowboys at LP Field.

?I feel real comfortable,? Young said Friday. ?I feel like I had a good week of practice. I like the scheme that we have, it is pretty cool. Now we just have to go out there and execute as an offense. Overall, we just have to go out there and play ball.??

Young replaces veteran Kerry Collins, who joined the Titans late in the preseason and has thrown six interceptions and just one touchdown.

Young played in the Titans? first two games, against the Jets and Chargers, but did not see action last week in a 13-10 loss to the Dolphins as Collins showed some improvement.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...ORTS01/60930008

...Collins did not have a horrible game last week but I cannot fathom the idea that Young is ready to be the starter...will he become the David Carr or Akili Smith

RobbyBox2.jpg

He needs experience, he should get it form starting this year, and try to get ready for a good year next season.

Yeah, I mean, making the rookie sit out their first season to watch is just a disaster waiting to happen. Just ask Carson Palmer!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well if you are going to lose its betetr to lose with a Rookie.

Yeah, ask David Carr!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well is it David Carr's fault? Do you know hes the leading Passer this year so far.

I would hope so. I mean, if you're down by 30 points every game, you tend to throw the ball as much as he does, unless you're coached by Frank Solich or Tom Osborne...

Well if you are going to lose its betetr to lose with a Rookie.

Yeah, ask David Carr!

Maybe if you gave Carr a better line than the "Seven Blocks of Jello" he'd actually be worth something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe if you gave Carr a better line than the "Seven Blocks of Jello" he'd actually be worth something.

That's true, but I guess next time comments on the idea that it's a good idea to put rookie QBs in their first year, I'll just point to Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Jeff George, Tim Couch, Quincy Carter, and of course, Ryan Leaf.

Brady Quinn is going to look great in a Titans uniform next year.

The GM Floyd Rees may get fired but they ain't gonna hire Matt Millen to replace him and draft the same position with top ten picks three years in a row.

RobbyBox2.jpg

That's true, but I guess next time comments on the idea that it's a good idea to put rookie QBs in their first year, I'll just point to Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Jeff George, Tim Couch, Quincy Carter, and of course, Ryan Leaf.

.....or he could turn out the way Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman have.

I'll have none of this optimism, sir. Besides, Young's no Aikman or Manning. At least they had the ability to understand plays slightly more complicated than "Er, everyone get open!" in college.

I'll have none of this optimism, sir. Besides, Young's no Aikman or Manning. At least they had the ability to understand plays slightly more complicated than "Er, everyone get open!" in college.

You're right.

Young could actually win the big game. Young both defeated Oklahoma and led his team to the National Championship. Manning couldn't beat Florida, and Manning never led his team to the National Championship.

You're right.

Young could actually win the big game. Young both defeated Oklahoma and led his team to the National Championship. Manning couldn't beat Florida, and Manning never led his team to the National Championship.

What about Aikman? :P

IMO Young will end up being another Michael Vick, only with less accuracy and a weaker arm.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You're right.

Well, so could Gino Torretta, Chris Weinke, Charlie Ward, Tommie Frazier, Jason White, and Danny Wuerffel just to name a few.

You're right.

you're my hero.

You're right.

And John Elway never played in a bowl game. He certaintly had success in the NFL and won a few big games. The fact is college success has nothing to do with NFL success.

Archived