Norfolk Tides now O's AAA

gueman

Supprised this didn't make it on here yet. Who are the Mets going with? Will this set off a big chain reaction of moves? It had been rumoured that the O's would go to W/B Scranton and that the Philly would get a new team in Allentown.

Tides Sign Affiliation Agreement with Baltimore Orioles

« Back

September 25, 2006 - The Norfolk Tides and Baltimore Orioles announced today that the two clubs have agreed on a four-year Player Development Contract that extends through the end of the 2010 season.

?We are extremely delighted to begin a partnership with the Baltimore Orioles franchise? said Tides? president Ken Young. ?The proximity of Baltimore is a natural geographical fit for the Hampton Roads area, and we are excited to have the opportunity to work alongside such a successful and established franchise for the next four years.?

?We are obviously thrilled to reach an affiliation agreement with Norfolk? said Jim Duquette, Vice President of Baseball Operations for the Baltimore Orioles. ?Having worked with the Tides in the past, I know first hand that Norfolk is one of the elite franchises in all of baseball. We have an outstanding relationship with Tides? president Ken Young and General Manager Dave Rosenfield, and we are excited to be able to place our top minor league players in a great facility like Harbor Park.?

Norfolk replaces the Ottawa Lynx as the Triple-A affiliate of the Orioles, which had been stationed in Ottawa since 2003. The change in affiliation also ends the Tides? partnership with the New York Mets, which had been in place since the 1969 season.

The Tides will begin their 2007 season at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on April 5th, and Norfolk will begin the home portion of their schedule with a seven-game homestand beginning Friday, April 13th against the Louisville Bats at 7:15 pm.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

My bad! I must have missed that when I was scanning the topics at 4am befor leaving for work. Off to the graveyard we go. I feel shamed :P

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

So now that Norfolk is now Baltimore's AAA team, and SWB is now the Yankees AAA team, will their respective colors change? I would imagine SWB would be navy and white and not red and blue, and Norfolk would change from blue and black to orange and black.

So now that Norfolk is now Baltimore's AAA team, and SWB is now the Yankees AAA team, will their respective colors change? I would imagine SWB would be navy and white and not red and blue, and Norfolk would change from blue and black to orange and black.

No I doubt it. It didn't happen in Rochester or Ottawa with the O's.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

No I doubt it. It didn't happen in Rochester or Ottawa with the O's.

Agreed. The Orioles have been pretty flexible with teams that already have an identity of their own (though most of their younger affiliates (Frederick, Bowie, Delmarva, Aberdeen) wear O's colors) and orange and black doesn't exactly scream "Tides."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived