WBA Heavyweight Title Fight Tonight

Mac the Knife

If you're flipping around the dial tonight in search of a curiosity, check out HBO as they air the WBA Heavyweight title bout between relative journeyman Monte Barrett and man-mountain champion Nikolai Valuev, who stands 7' tall and weighed in at 328 pounds.

I'm curious about Valuev. Is the guy a 21st century Ivan Drago, or Primo Carnera? My guess is he's more of a Carnera, but that Barrett won't be the one to end his "title" reign.

nav-logo.png

I will try to be legit in my answer, but the better fight is in Showtime if Coralles is able to fight tonight. The HWY division will remain a joke since Don King or Bob Arum will have promotional rights to whem ever wins between them, or they buy those rights regardless. While Sen. McCain's boxing reform is great for the US, most state's boxing commissions are run bbuy divisions of commerece (weights/measures) and rightfully so for the scales. As for testing, or CAT scans, it may need to be nationally, like the BBBC.

And, for perspective, I am the same height as Valuev.

What do you weigh?

Maybe if you're under 200 we can have you fight for a lower-weight belt!

I'm certainly in the heavyweight class. Besides, anyone under 200 at my height has to have some kind of eating disorder.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived