Worst Dressed College Football Game

darkshadow1031

Im in complete agreement with you DarkShadow...I am also a Akron Zips fan and enjoy any cracking on those damn Kent Flashers....

they may have a better record but we have much better uniforms

I agree olesmokey!

Never root for a team called the FLASHERS that play their home games in "DIX" stadium! :P

Are they really called the Flashes?

They are not the Flashes... they are the Flushes. They stink like toilets!!!

Go Zips!!!

I am also a Akron Zips fan and enjoy any cracking on those damn Kent Flashers....

they may have a better record but we have much better uniforms

Akron's STL Rams ripoff are great? Yeah, very original. I do like Akron's color change from the blue/yellow to the darker blue and gold. I always wondered why Akron/Kent "arch rivals" had the same colors. . .

fade.gif

You are just bitter because Kent State whooped on Akron.

As a KSU graduate I have to agree that the Akron logo is much better... The unis not so much When did eagles get teeth anyway?

I a ma total fan of the KSU Logo. My complaint on that is that they did not go get a distinctive wordmarks like the Zips did. The block K is ok with Flash coming behind it, but the lame arial font for everything blows IMO. Even the use of block letters would have been better but I would have liked to have seen them get a more electric looking mark for jerseys and stuff.

Correct. Up until 2000 it was a total chargers rip off, just with KENT under the bolt on the helmet. For the mid 2000's it was pretty much the same except with the current logo on the helmet, plus blue on blue and white on white on the road, except for a gold (actually dark yellow) and gold combo for the 2004 Akron game, and the occasional gold with blue pants combo for the rest of 2004 and 2005 seasons. I like that they have gold pants for their home unis, I did like the blue on blue combo, but they're the Golden Flashes, not the Blue Flashes.

Actually from about 1994-1998 it was a boring plain pant and jersey with block numbers and shoulder numbers. The helmets just had KENT like the NFL Giants used to wear. When Dean Pees took over as head coach they went to the Chargers look with just Kent in block letters. The second season they changed the bolt to the style that was worn on the pants and sleeves. When Kent finally brought back State as part of its identity, The new Flash adorned the helmets. A good thing because putting Kent State on the helmet would have been painful.

SIDE NOTE: The flash that was on the Kent State helmet was not the exclusive logo of the Chargers when it was originally used in the 1960s. KSU changed logos and the gold many times in the last 40 years.

Archived