Worst Dressed College Football Game

darkshadow1031

Now I know this weekend (Oct 15) the college football jersey buzz has been around Oregon and their reemergence of the electric duck.

Well, there is an equally dumbfounding match up:

Kent State and their navy blue with yellow piping tops and Denver Broncos-esque pants?

2.jpg3.jpg

versus Toledo with a mish-mash of the same colors in a completely different set.

9.jpg

This match up, to me, deserves the title of the worst dressed college game of the weekend. Plus, as an Akron Zips fan I find any reason to poke fun at Kent State?s inferior jerseys.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

The worst dressed game was between Oregon and California last week... and that was probably the worst dressed college football game of all time. Oregon already looked like garbage, but as soon as California trotted out in those yellow jerseys with blue pants, THAT WAS IT.

The worst dressed game was between Oregon and California last week... and that was probably the worst dressed college football game of all time. Oregon already looked like garbage, but as soon as California trotted out in those yellow jerseys with blue pants, THAT WAS IT.

Oregon vs __________ is the worst dressed game every week.

I don't like Kent's new unis...say what you will about the Charger ripoffs, but those made a lot more sense.

we'll have to disagree on Cal's goldies...teh boys over in Berkely did it tastefully IMO. West Virginia's another school that could really pull off a yellow jersey (just as soon as they dump that horrid number font), and I recall a concept that illustrated that beautifully.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like Kent State's unis. The whole Alumni and working with football have nothing to do with it. Toledo has a solid look IMO that actually is more inspired by their mascot. He's looked like that for a while so it is kinda funny they added the shoulder stripes that match up so closely.

I'll go on record as saying I kinda like the Kent State jerseys.

Are they really called the Flashes? If so, why the hell are they not using red and yellow, with a lightning bolt motif? Damned fools, you ask me.

edited only to correct a spelling error. Creamy, for the love of whatever you consider to be a god, get rid of the automatic edit notification. thank you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Plus, as an Akron Zips fan I find any reason to poke fun at Kent State?s inferior jerseys.

Say what you well about the unis, which I like, but you guys have the inferior school, football, and basketball teams. At least you have men's soccer.

However, watching the web cast was a real pain the ass.

I'll go on record as saying I kinda like the Kent State jerseys.

Are they really called the Flashes? If so, why the hell are they not using red and yellow, with a lightning bolt motif? Damned fools, you ask me.

edited only to correct a spelling error. Creamy, for the love of whatever you consider to be a god, get rid of the automatic edit notification. thank you.

They are the Kent State Golden Flashes. The use a golden eagle for a mascot, sort of like the Akron Zips who have a kangaroo for a moscot. I guess both schools feel like they need an animal for a moscot for some reason. I'd prefer something simpler logo, just a K and a lightning bolt, not an eagle head pooping out lightning.

I think they are the Golden Flashes, and if I remember correctly they used to have a similar helmet to the San Diego Chargers.

Correct. Up until 2000 it was a total chargers rip off, just with KENT under the bolt on the helmet. For the mid 2000's it was pretty much the same except with the current logo on the helmet, plus blue on blue and white on white on the road, except for a gold (actually dark yellow) and gold combo for the 2004 Akron game, and the occasional gold with blue pants combo for the rest of 2004 and 2005 seasons. I like that they have gold pants for their home unis, I did like the blue on blue combo, but they're the Golden Flashes, not the Blue Flashes.

<pac10 team a> VS. <pac10 team b> is the worst dressed game ever.

Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona State, USC, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington State, UCLA, and Washington - the whole conference looks horrible.

Boo Nike; Hooray Beer.

Save the slugalo.

Now wait a second....USC looks good? UW could look good with better numbers.

Yeah, the rest is pretty bad. I think Oregon State is helped A LOT by Oregon. At least Oregon is ugly on purpose -- what is OSU's excuse?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

<pac10 team a> VS. <pac10 team b> is the worst dressed game ever.

Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona State, USC, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington State, UCLA, and Washington - the whole conference looks horrible.

Boo Nike; Hooray Beer.

IIRC Washington State and UCLA belongs to Russell Athletic and Adiddas respectively. ;)

I've never liked Toledo's road unis. The home ones have been my favorite out of that set.

Sacker- You're just happy Toledo took OC Shannon off your hands. . . and belive me the rest of the MAC is happy with his 'production' this sesaon too!!

fade.gif

Archived