Re-Designing Stagg

leggman01

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the template thing, does this mean we can only do a front view?

the uniform front and side stripe detail can be shown using this template - i felt like the template would get too large with home & away uni's front and back - you should be able to use the stripe detail boxes to indicate the direction of striping/piping on the back - if you are planning an intricate design on the back of the jersey, you'll have to save it for another contest or post it as a concept after the contest...sorry if this in any way inhibits your creativity

good luck!

jldesigns404eo.png

With the template thing, does this mean we can only do a front view?

the uniform front and side stripe detail can be shown using this template - i felt like the template would get too large with home & away uni's front and back - you should be able to use the stripe detail boxes to indicate the direction of striping/piping on the back - if you are planning an intricate design on the back of the jersey, you'll have to save it for another contest or post it as a concept after the contest...sorry if this in any way inhibits your creativity

good luck!

Thanks, I was just unsure of it. I'll hafta dig up the old helmet style you've got there...I know I have it somewhere.

When I try to click on Nick's Tempest football templete, I get a screen that says the page cannot be displayed and it crashes my window.

Is this happening to anyone else or am I doing something wrong?

doesn't happen for me...it's a .pdf file, i think...maybe that will help you

jldesigns404eo.png

Nicks tempest football templete will not open for me.

I found out that this is an Illustrater 10 file and I have 8. That might be the problem that I can't open it. So if someone can save it at 8 and send it to me, I would appreciate it. PM me if you want to send it to me and I will give you my e-mail.

Thanks,

H

Nicks tempest football templete will not open for me.

I found out that this is an Illustrater 10 file and I have 8. That might be the problem that I can't open it. So if someone can save it at 8 and send it to me, I would appreciate it. PM me if you want to send it to me and I will give you my e-mail.

Thanks,

H

it might be a pain in the backside, but you could probably vectorize the template given pretty easily...i know i downloaded a trial version of illustrator once, and there was something called live trace that made raster images into vector images...don't know if illustrator 8 has this feature, but it shouldn't be too hard

i would imagine that your version of illustrator would open the supplied template, to, no?

jldesigns404eo.png

i rec'd 2 more entries today, and both were great - unfortunately, they were not on the provided template with the provided uniform template

apparently this is problematic, and i apologize for this - if/when i run another contest, i may allow for the use of any uniform template the designer desires...HOWEVER, for this contest i am going to insist that you use the provided template - if the uniform design is on any other template, it will be rejected (however, it can and should be re-submitted on the proper template) - it's only fair to those who have already submitted designs and those who have already had their submissions rejected

jldesigns404eo.png

I'll do the Springfield Pride

I was gonna do the St. John's Johnnies, but I have no idea what the hell a Johnnie is. I tried to look it up, but couldn't find anything.

For SJU, they use this SJU logo for most of their sports. But they also sometimes use a rat as a logo too.

http://www.miac-online.org/ConfLogos/sju1.gif

I am having trouble finding the rat logo. I will keep looking.

Huskiescoathangnew.gifminnesota-dna.png

For SJU, they use this SJU logo for most of their sports. But they also sometimes use a rat as a logo too.

http://www.miac-online.org/ConfLogos/sju1.gif

I am having trouble finding the rat logo. I will keep looking.

hemi - the point of this contest is for designers to come up with new, original logos and uniform/field designs - if you'd like to see something specific using the existing logos, make a request on the request board...otherwise just be patient and you'll see at least one sju entry in this contest

thanks

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived