Nfl coaches under pressure?

Saintsfan

With only a few games to go, some team owners in the NFL may have already deciding on a coaching change come January. My guess is that Dave McGinnis at Arizona and Dick Jauron at the Bears are under some pressure right now. I also figure maybe Mike Sherman may be looking for new employment if the Packers don't make post season?? and Marty Schottenheimer might not last too long in San Diego. Any one else got any thoughts on this matter?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What would be interesting if both Jauron and McGinnis get canned is whether McGinnis would be approached by the Bears. I was in Chicago the weekend when McGinnis was supposed to be named the Bears head coach a few years ago. The local TV stations had live coverage from Bears HQ because the team had called a press conference to announce the hiring. Unfortunately, the team hadn't yet signed McGinnis and there were still a couple of terms remaining on his contract that were not yet settled. Nonetheless, the team called the press conference anyway. McGinnis was apparently told that the press were already assembling and he got so steamed he walked out on the negotiations and left town. The Bears' spokesman had to go out on live TV and announce that the conference would be postponed and that was the last anyone in Chicago heard about Dave McGinnis becoming their head coach.

Here's the whole story . . . it's about halfway down the page.

I know there's been a change in the Bears' upper management since this debacle so it would be interesting to me to see if there winds up being a Chapter II to this story.

GB: Sherman ain't goin anywhere

Chi: Jauron's gone...hopefully so is John Shoop

AZ: i feel sorry for McGinnis mainly cus it ain't his fault Bidwill doesn't care about winning

SD: Marty, Chicago needs you, come quick!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Dave Wannstedt has to go he is a moron and he is holding the Dolphins back. They have to much talent to be a Super Bowl contender. If they keep him Dolphins fans will look at the WAnnSTEDt years and wonder what might have been.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hmmm, so Miami is gonna be the big free job then. Put that with the Atlanta job and those are too big jobs to entice any would be applicant. Thats too bad for the poor teams like the Bears and Cardinals who will be left with someone slightly less strong!

Post 800!! Wooo hooo!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived