Clippers logo concept

sc49erfan15

I got bored last night and found time to design a Clippers logo fusion that I've been wanting to do for a while. A combination of the current Clippers script and retro "sailboats and sunset" logo that I really like to replace the "We wish we were the Lakers" crap they have now. 4 slightly different logo concepts, let me know which if any you guys like...

Copy & Paste

IMO they need to go back to a sailing boat or ship scheme, but I think that they need to go in another direction, maybe something like the TB Bucs ship alternate would work.

Good production work, but I'm just not a fan of that retro look.

Wow, I didn't think I'd get two replies this fast :D

Sy- I understand not everyone likes the retro thing, Thanks anyway!

Default- Thanks for the complients. The "red circle" is actually supposed to be the sun like in the older Clippers logo, but I wanted to have some depth, hence the white circle. Yep, I used Illustrator.

Jp- I wasn't a big fan of the "LA" either, but the Los Angeles just looked cramped and that was one of the four ideas I had.

The Clippers need to change, to SOMETHING...something that doesn't involve a basketball. Way too many NBA logos have basketballs, like many NFL logos don't have footballs.

Archived