49ers painted endzone red

ninersdd

It's not that black was always in the logo (Black is in Kansas City's logo as well, and I think if they added black it'd be a travesty) but it was a part of the old throwback uniforms. They took those uniforms and modernized them, and came out with one of the best looking jerseys in the NFL. It's not like they added black numbers or black pants, or, lord help us, a black jersey. THAT would look disgusting. They added gold to the logo; and gold and a black drop-shadow to the numbers and sleeve stripes. The red and white jersey is the nostalgic one that gave us four Super Bowls, and is great for a throwback, the modern uniform is the superior-looking one.

The black as a drop shadow doesnt really bother me, but the black/red/black helmet stripes look out of place.

Their current uniform is very good, over the old school khakis. It is an improvement over the uniform which they won 4 championships (since the 5th Super Bowl was played with the 75th Anniversary throwbacks with white pants). The current gold pant/helmet combination is great, not only in HD, but also in person and I saw them in person twice this season (vs. Eagles and Packers).

like i said before, the vast majority of 49ers fans never did like the old uniforms, and have embraced the current uniforms. the teams themselves however, thats another story.

you can say that in the glory days the uniform wasn't worthy of the team, and nowadays the team isnt worthy of the uniform.

Archived