49ers painted endzone red

ninersdd

Man, today this was the first time they did it since the comeback against the Giants in the playoffs. I don't really like the red background with the current script. The old mark of red and gold was the bomb Did any of you guys see it?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Just saw a clip that showed half (the "ers") of the endzone. From what I saw, it looked great. Looked like the letters were red, with the background a darker red (like the jerseys.) Sucks they wore their throwbacks, though - their uni's look awesome with the darker red and black trim. The throwbacks look... well they look old. Throw 'em back.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On a side note, check out the placement of the RBK logo on Alex Smiths jersey. I've never seen it within a stripe.

RBK-logo.gif

I'm not sure if it's like that on all 9ers' throwbacks, but it's inside the middle stripe on my '02 Jason Webster gamer. I'd take a pic, but it's in my dorm.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

joe starkey on the 49ers radio broadcast said that they are "considering it" not that its a definite thing.

the fact of the matter is, while you see a lot of throwbacks being worn by the fans, all those throwbacks have MONTANA, YOUNG, LOTT, CRAIG, RICE on the back of them. They do sell alex smith, frank gore, and vernon davis throwbacks, but the vast majority of those players jerseys being sold are the modern look.

fans were clamoring for the team to upgrade the uniform back in the 80's when the team was winning super bowls. I have yet to hear any 49ers fan talk about how they hate the modern uniform. It sells very well and is popular with all generations of the fanbase. There will be no full-time throwbacks anytime soon thankfully.

I'm pretty sure the 49ers endzone was red because of the holidays, I think there was also a little bit of wreath fringe near the parts of the edges of the endzone.

It was a nice look, IMO.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I think there was also a little bit of wreath fringe near the parts of the edges of the endzone.

I think it's called "holly"... ^_^

D'oh!

But on the bright side, at least it wasn't mistletoe.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

fans were clamoring for the team to upgrade the uniform back in the 80's when the team was winning super bowls. I have yet to hear any 49ers fan talk about how they hate the modern uniform. It sells very well and is popular with all generations of the fanbase. There will be no full-time throwbacks anytime soon thankfully.

The fans weren't exactly "clamoring" when the team announced new uniforms. They flipped out so bad it will always be known as the "one day logo". Niners fans lived with the changes, more than they gobbled it up.

I think there was also a little bit of wreath fringe near the parts of the edges of the endzone.

I think it's called "holly"... ^_^

D'oh!

But on the bright side, at least it wasn't mistletoe.

The one day logo was that dumb stylized 49ERS in 1991

:flagcanada:

The fans weren't exactly "clamoring" when the team announced new uniforms. They flipped out so bad it will always be known as the "one day logo". Niners fans lived with the changes, more than they gobbled it up.

The "one day logo" and the new uniforms were two different events. The stylized 49ers "one day helmet" was introduced in 1991, while the new uniforms and accented logo made their debut in 1995, the season after the Niners won the Super Bowl in their drop-shadowed throwbacks.

The "one day logo" and the new uniforms were two different events. The stylized 49ers "one day helmet" was introduced in 1991, while the new uniforms and accented logo made their debut in 1995, the season after the Niners won the Super Bowl in their drop-shadowed throwbacks.

I understand that they weren't the same, but to suggest the fans were clamoring for something new is a stretch. when you win four superbowls in a uniform, folks recognize that look as a winning look. I dont thing Steeler fans were clamoring for a new look in the late 70s. Those Niner fans didnt care what the team was wearing, as long as they were winning. the change came because they wanted to sell more product. not just jerseys, but hats, jackets, shot glasses and tote bags. I hate the new look. its the late 90s space age oval thing. Being a Rams fan who grew up in the bay area, those old uniforms are reminders of awful disappointment and heartbreak, but i'd rather see them than the niners new unis that remind everyone of their failure. and why no hate for the black? everyone is always ragging on adding black to uniforms, but these get so much love. and dont say black was always in the logo. it was an outline, not an accent. much like the grey on the steelers logo. that is all.

I understand that they weren't the same, but to suggest the fans were clamoring for something new is a stretch. when you win four superbowls in a uniform, folks recognize that look as a winning look. I dont thing Steeler fans were clamoring for a new look in the late 70s. Those Niner fans didnt care what the team was wearing, as long as they were winning. the change came because they wanted to sell more product. not just jerseys, but hats, jackets, shot glasses and tote bags. I hate the new look. its the late 90s space age oval thing. Being a Rams fan who grew up in the bay area, those old uniforms are reminders of awful disappointment and heartbreak, but i'd rather see them than the niners new unis that remind everyone of their failure. and why no hate for the black? everyone is always ragging on adding black to uniforms, but these get so much love. and dont say black was always in the logo. it was an outline, not an accent. much like the grey on the steelers logo. that is all.

It's not that black was always in the logo (Black is in Kansas City's logo as well, and I think if they added black it'd be a travesty) but it was a part of the old throwback uniforms. They took those uniforms and modernized them, and came out with one of the best looking jerseys in the NFL. It's not like they added black numbers or black pants, or, lord help us, a black jersey. THAT would look disgusting. They added gold to the logo; and gold and a black drop-shadow to the numbers and sleeve stripes. The red and white jersey is the nostalgic one that gave us four Super Bowls, and is great for a throwback, the modern uniform is the superior-looking one.

Archived