American Football Benches

GasHouse1934

I never understood why they did that either. I remember asking that question to my uncle during a Packers game at County Stadium and he said that it was because if they put the benches on opposite ends, they wouldn't have enough room for the TV cameras. But from these pics, it looks like there would've been more than enough room.

countymain.jpg

county12.jpg

brew.png

I never understood why they did that either. I remember asking that question to my uncle during a Packers game at County Stadium and he said that it was because if they put the benches on opposite ends, they wouldn't have enough room for the TV cameras. But from these pics, it looks like there would've been more than enough room.

countymain.jpg

county12.jpg

Best explanation I can come up with is that they probably didn't want a team's bench planted right on the dirt infield and turf/dirt borders. It's one thing to have players occasionally run over the area during play, it's quite another to have the benches, team equipment 70+ players, coaches, refs, linesmen, chain gang, cheerleaders, mascot, TV crew, ect. permanently parked right on top of an area that would be much harder to re-groom and maintain than it would be to simply put them on the other side where there's a solid tract of turf.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived