Anehiem Ducks

josh_cat_eyes

I think they should bring back the duck mask logo but change the colors to the gold and copper and black, and have that on the same jersey design. Then they should have the "D" on the shoulders and?or use that on perhaps a bronze colored alternate. That would be frickin awesome! :D

It wouldn't surprise me if that was from here originally. The week or so that the ducks released the set, there were about 4,000 Ducks concepts. But I'm one to talk; I think I did at least one.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was from here originally. The week or so that the ducks released the set, there were about 4,000 Ducks concepts. But I'm one to talk; I think I did at least one.

I remember that. Their were quite a few nice ones too. I dont remember seeing this one but I have to agree with you that it probably came from here.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Theres no goin back boys. This concept IMO will be the main logo in the future when they are able to make a switch.

I think alot of people did this concept, it was a logical jump. I know... I did the same thing.

I also, like the Idea of adding more orange to the uni's.

I am confused on just one thing tho...Why do I keep seeing that logo? They even use it on NHL.com but yet it is not registered prperty of the Ducks Team in anyway. All it is is cutting half of their main logo off. Would anyone happen to know why it is not a registered logo on its own??

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I am confused on just one thing tho...Why do I keep seeing that logo? They even use it on NHL.com but yet it is not registered prperty of the Ducks Team in anyway. All it is is cutting half of their main logo off. Would anyone happen to know why it is not a registered logo on its own??

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

The logo on there jersey ends up being to small....You cant even read it. Look at it on the 2006 NHL Entry Draft board thing.

You will have to click to make the pic bigger but all in all it looks like a slanted line.

fbsj.jpg

I found this on google and I just want some peoples opinions on it. Personally this should be their jersey sets.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

I'm not sure what this D alone would accomplish as a jersey logo that the team's ENTIRE NAME on the front of a jersey, that includes this D, doesn't already accomplish.

IMO, based on that argument alone, the jerseys they have are much better.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Simpler, yes, but much much more ambiguous.

With just this webbed-foot letter D on the jersey, it makes you wonder what team that could be. First, a person would first have to know that it is actually a letter D, which is not as obvious as it seems. Then that person must also recognize that it is also a webbed foot, which also is not as obvious as it seems. Then that person has to put both together and realize that the team in question is called the Ducks.

With the word DUCKS on the jersey, including the web footed D, there is no doubt as to what team you are looking at. Ergo, the Ducks current jersey, with the full name on the front, is still a better jersey. These are things that sports teams think about when designing new uniforms and this would probably explains why the Ducks use the jerseys they did.

champssig2.png

Imo, the stylized D is way better than the wordmark they have now. Its more visiable and simple and in time, just like any other simple logo, will become the Identity. For instance, when you look at the Dallas Cowboys star you don't think it stands for the Dallas Stars or the Galaxy. The color, the style and the familairity with the logo make it a logo.

Imo, the stylized D is way better than the wordmark they have now. Its more visiable and simple and in time, just like any other simple logo, will become the Identity. For instance, when you look at the Dallas Cowboys star you don't think it stands for the Dallas Stars or the Galaxy. The color, the style and the familairity with the logo make it a logo.

How many people in America are familiar with the Ducks new identity?

For one thing, the Cowboys are one of the most popular sports teams in America in the most popular sport in America, which is why more people are able to recognize it easily. However, before they recognize it, it requires the person who sees the star to know that it is a Dallas Cowboys logo and not just....a plain old blue star that could stand for anything! That's not an easy thing to do when the star is not accompanied by the teams name. The incredibly ease of exposure to football to Americans though makes it that much more easier to learn that.

The Ducks D COULD become a classic icon, and I certainly hope it does, but there are quite a lot of people who do not know what that D is yet. There are quite lot of people outside of this message board who are not even familiar with the Ducks new identity yet. I'm willing to bet that if you walked down the streets of New York with that jersey on with just the D, you will come across a LOT of people who would not be able to name that logo. Until they become familiar with the new identity (and by using the entire name as the jersey logo, the team is allowing them to absorb the identity a bit easier), they are not quite able to easily associate that D yet.

Maybe within a few years, when the Ducks are a genuinely popular team (for good or bad) that most people in America can recognize, the Ducks will use just the D on a jersey. But until everyone can identify it, they're sticking with the full name. And I agree with that.

champssig2.png

For one thing, the Cowboys are one of the most popular sports teams in America in the most popular sport in America, which is why more people are able to recognize it easily. However, before they recognize it, it requires the person who sees the star to know that it is a Dallas Cowboys logo and not just....a plain old blue star that could stand for anything! That's not an easy thing to do when the star is not accompanied by the teams name. The incredibly ease of exposure to football to Americans though makes it that much more easier to learn that.

The Ducks D COULD become a classic icon, and I certainly hope it does, but there are quite a lot of people who do not know what that D is yet. There are quite lot of people outside of this message board who are not even familiar with the Ducks new identity yet. I'm willing to bet that if you walked down the streets of New York with that jersey on with just the D, you will come across a LOT of people who would not be able to name that logo. Until they become familiar with the new identity (and by using the entire name as the jersey logo, the team is allowing them to absorb the identity a bit easier), they are not quite able to easily associate that D yet.

Maybe within a few years, when the Ducks are a genuinely popular team (for good or bad) that most people in America can recognize, the Ducks will use just the D on a jersey. But until everyone can identify it, they're sticking with the full name. And I agree with that.

I think your sayin basically what I'm sayin. Do you agree that this D will become the teams logo in a few year, because under NHL rule they can't change there logo for three years. By that time with the way the Ducks are playing and with a couple years with the current wordmark logo people will recognize the D for the ducks.

I think your sayin basically what I'm sayin. Do you agree that this D will become the teams logo in a few year, because under NHL rule they can't change there logo for three years. By that time with the way the Ducks are playing and with a couple years with the current wordmark logo people will recognize the D for the ducks.

I think your both predicting the future. IMO after 3 years the "D" will be the main logo, the current alt (DUCKS in black circle) will be their alt #1 and possible the logo for a 3rd jersey (if they have them), and their current logo will be their alt. I can see the "D" becoming like the C in calgary(flames) or the A in Atlanta(flames), the B in buffalo(sabres), and the C in Vancouver(Canucks)!!

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

Archived