New Football Helmets

-(dp)-

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tulane_OLD8.gif

Could you do a sig using this Tulane helmet? I'd REALLY appreciate it a whole bunch....and if I can find the old font they had back then, I would.....but I can never find it....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Is this good? If you ever find the font/wordmark they used, or you want it to say something different, let me know and I'll change it.

SigTUL.png

You've ALMOST got it.....not to nitpick...heh

The top to the "T" is over the "U"...and the bottom of the "U" is over the "T"....the colors are fan-damn-tastic and period perfect man.....if I can find a pic of the Tulane endzone art from the 80's in the Superdome, It'll have the font right there.....but you are ALMOST there.......many many thanks......I smiled big when I saw this

EDIT: I drew what it KIND of looks like.....I guess do what you can with this.... ^_^

tulanefont1jx4.png

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

• 4 months later...

No, not yet. I did it in inkscape, and for some reason, the shadows and stuff, I think because of gradients, don't show up right in illustrator. I do have illustrator now, and If I can get that worked out, I think I will finally release it. I planned on releasing it at first, but it took a lot of time, and I had trouble letting just anyone use it. I have had it long enough now, that if I get that stuff worked out, I will let you all download it. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

MegatronSig2.jpg

No, not yet. I did it in inkscape, and for some reason, the shadows and stuff, I think because of gradients, don't show up right in illustrator. I do have illustrator now, and If I can get that worked out, I think I will finally release it. I planned on releasing it at first, but it took a lot of time, and I had trouble letting just anyone use it. I have had it long enough now, that if I get that stuff worked out, I will let you all download it. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

You're more than welcome. It's great!

• 6 months later...

HEY PND, Those helmets are beautiful. Did you ever get around to releasing the file in Illustrator? If so, I haven't been able to find it. Could I possibly get a copy for Illustrator. My email is rallen_1@bellsouth.net

Thanks,

GREAT JOB ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow i never saw this. incredible work. i'm not going to post my e-mail because i realize lots of people want this, i am sure you will just post a link to it when it is available. keep us updated- i'd love to work with it a bit!

Okay guys, here it is. I did my best to get it to look right in illustrator. The inkscape one still looks a little better though. Here it is, in both AI and SVG formats. There are a few things I haven't been able to work out yet. Also, depending on helmet color, you will need to adjust the transparency to get it to look right. Let me know what you think.

AI file

SVG file

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived