Music Poster

Shumway

This thing took forever to make, so I figure, I might as well show it here. This was made to be a Christmas gift for my brother, since he's a huge Motley fan, and basically because I'm broke right now. I'm pretty pleased, although lack of time basically made me do a bit less with the background as I had originally intended. I actually used a picture of Mick Mars, but altered it a tad to look like Nikki Sixx, including making his guitar and kind of making a combination of their attire. I had a few mistakes when I actually got it printed for Christmas(that's what doing work until 5am does to you, I suppose), so I've (hopefully) fixed all of those. I would've had to reprint it anyways, since there was a mistake on Kinko's part, but I guess that happens when you're in a rush(I think I had the day before Christmas eve to get it printed). Anywho, here goes (sorry if it's really big, and for some reason, really pixellated):

MotleyPoster.gif

I'm planning on doing quite a few more of these(other groups, not just Motley Crue), probably a whole series. If they didn't take so f'n long to do, I'd take requests, but I know I won't have the time to get to basically any of them.

That's really good.

If you could make one similar to this image, I'd appreciate it.

SME_0101_CK_093599.70Q_200x200_72dpi_RGB.jpg

I wish I could take requests, but I honestly don't have the time. With other projects I've got going on and a new semester starting on Tuesday, my free time's kinda limited at the the moment.

Oh. Sorry, I read your initial post wrong. I thought you said if you had time, you would take requests. Not that you don't have time so you won't take requests. Got it.

Anyway, it does look pretty cool. Good job.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

looks good, although i'm gonna have to be critical of one thing....nikki sixx is a bass player, and yes, i know there are only 4 strings on his instrument, but why are there 6 pegs?

something with the spacing strikes me odd, too. maybe there's too much space between the wordmark and the top of sixx's head. perhaps it would look better with the wordmark at the bottom of the poster, in the foreground (thus, creating more depth), and moving sixx up to the top of the poster (and fixing his "fret fingers" so it looks like he's actually playing the instrument).

just a few minor nitpicks on an otherwise good poster.

looks good, although i'm gonna have to be critical of one thing....nikki sixx is a bass player, and yes, i know there are only 4 strings on his instrument, but why are there 6 pegs?

Thanks for pointing this out, actually. I'm not a musician, so I know very little about the instrument's structure. Since I used a picture of Mick as a template of sorts, everything except the actual head(or whatever it's called..the white part) of the guitar is from that picture. Meaning, the pegs are actually from Mick's guitar. Initially, I had six strings on it, but my friend pointed out that there should only be four. I'll definitely fix that part and his fingers up before I print it. As for the spacing, I'll have to toy with that a lot before I reprint this.

Actually, before I forget, I have a question. Are there certain pantones that won't print properly or something? When I went to pick up my print from Kinko's the red didn't print. The red in the Motley Crue wordmark printed fine, but his headband, mouth, and the leather straps on his outfit just came out blank.

Edit: I made the changes to the guitar and his hand, but I'm reall stuck as far as the placement of the wordmark. I moved him up and tilted him a bit more. It seems if I have the wordmakr at the bottom, the top is lacking. If I keep it up top, it cuts off the top of the guitar. Any help?

PosterMot.png

The image stops where the dark rectangle does...I just didn't bother to crop it before I uploaded it.

kinko's doesn't print in pantone colors, their color machines print cmyk. if they are calibrated daily, which i highly doubt, they can approximate the pantone values. i guarantee if you ask the copyboy/girl if the machine has been calibrated recently, you'll get a glazed, blank stare.

I'd crop the image just below the guitar strap, personally, and put the Crue logo in the empty space above Mikki's head (Motley on top, centered over Crue).., then shrink/shift to regain your proportions.

But that's just me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'd crop the image just below the guitar strap, personally, and put the Crue logo in the empty space above Mikki's head (Motley on top, centered over Crue).., then shrink/shift to regain your proportions.

But that's just me.

Y'know, that's not a half bad idea, although I might stagger the Motley Crue. I'll give it a whirl.

Archived