Erik Christensen's comment after Pens/Isles

ShawnM

IThe other reason why I switched was b/c all of my friends, and schoolmates went on about how great the leafs were. The beginning of the season to, the media (when the leafs went on that winning streak) already declared them Cup contenders, and Raycroft was the next coming of JESUS..well maybe not as extreme but you get the idea.

If you've just recently become tired of this kind of talk from Leaf fans, I would like the address of the sand you've had your head in. Me, I've hated the Leafs since conception.

However, I am a Blackhawks and Cubs fan, so suffering through things is nothing new to me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IThe other reason why I switched was b/c all of my friends, and schoolmates went on about how great the leafs were. The beginning of the season to, the media (when the leafs went on that winning streak) already declared them Cup contenders, and Raycroft was the next coming of JESUS..well maybe not as extreme but you get the idea.

If you've just recently become tired of this kind of talk from Leaf fans, I would like the address of the sand you've had your head in. Me, I've hated the Leafs since conception.

No, not of recent times. it was the 97-98 season, when i paid a little more closer attention to the paper. Living in an area that is dominated by Leaf fans, you don't ever hear any positive mention of the oppostion teams performance, always leafs this or leafs that

No, not of recent times. it was the 97-98 season, when i paid a little more closer attention to the paper. Living in an area that is dominated by Leaf fans, you don't ever hear any positive mention of the oppostion teams performance, always leafs this or leafs that

Yeah, this area is called "Canada," and with the exception of the Metro Montreal Area, happens everywhere up here.

Anyway, we've all blown holes in your arguments against Crosby, so let's just turn this thread into something more fun. Like a Fonz bashing thread.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Sid is the posterboy for the new NHL. He has the most raw talent in the league, and has made the Pens games the most exciting games to watch. Cant wait till he comes to TO. Name 5 players with as much promise in their first 2 years of their career. And he doesnt even have a full time 80 point winger at his side

Syd doesn't get far enough national attention that he should get. obviously everyone in PA knows who he is, but ask somebody out side of the state of pennsylvania who Crosby is and they'll think your referring to Crosby, Stills, and Nash. i know i asked somebody at work who is a mild hockey fan what they thought of Crosby and he looked at me with a blank stare like he had no clue who he was.

Oh jesus, the guy must not really care about hockey or he's none too bright if he doesn't know Crosby. Fair or not, the guy has come into the league with the burden of being the NHL's savior and the hype has followed accordingly.

i would say that he IS from NYC, but he wasn't alone. I talked to 10 different co workers who are sports fans who follow the usual selections of Giants, Rangers, Knicks and Yanks. I asked them for there opinion of Romo, since i figured he isn't known to much out side of dallas. Most of there comments were general Giants homerism. Then I asked about Sidney Crosby since i figured he was more well known than Romo. most of them went "who?" one actually said, "Isn't he that guy from Crosby, Stills and Nash?" I swear to Ball-in-GLove that somebody actually said that. The sad part was, last year when the rangers made the playoffs they were like 'go rangers' and the usual general homerism. the point is i struggle to find people that know who crosby is. The only person i found that knew who crosby was was a guy that came in to the store wearing a flyers jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Syd doesn't get far enough national attention that he should get. obviously everyone in PA knows who he is, but ask somebody out side of the state of pennsylvania who Crosby is and they'll think your referring to Crosby, Stills, and Nash. i know i asked somebody at work who is a mild hockey fan what they thought of Crosby and he looked at me with a blank stare like he had no clue who he was.

Oh jesus, the guy must not really care about hockey or he's none too bright if he doesn't know Crosby. Fair or not, the guy has come into the league with the burden of being the NHL's savior and the hype has followed accordingly.

i would say that he IS from NYC, but he wasn't alone. I talked to 10 different co workers who are sports fans who follow the usual selections of Giants, Rangers, Knicks and Yanks. I asked them for there opinion of Romo, since i figured he isn't known to much out side of dallas. Most of there comments were general Giants homerism. Then I asked about Sidney Crosby since i figured he was more well known than Romo. most of them went "who?" one actually said, "Isn't he that guy from Crosby, Stills and Nash?" I swear to Ball-in-GLove that somebody actually said that. The sad part was, last year when the rangers made the playoffs they were like 'go rangers' and the usual general homerism. the point is i struggle to find people that know who crosby is. The only person i found that knew who crosby was was a guy that came in to the store wearing a flyers jersey.

sad, and the north east is usually pretty good with hockey names. funny how the only person that knew was a flyer fan, i bet he wishes he didnt know that name

...so let's just turn this thread into something more fun. Like a Fonz bashing thread.

Ya, I agree!

:censored: him.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Typical Flyer fan. They always hate on the Pens (which is their right being a rival). The jealousy goes back from the 66 & 68 days. I say we take a statewide vote to sell Philly to New Jersey.

On behalf of New Jersey we don't want Philly.

Speak for yourself, North Jerseyite. Those of us south of I-195 would happily sell the whole lot of you to NYC, we're cool with Philadelphia. And we get the all the Shore to ourselves!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

...so let's just turn this thread into something more fun. Like a Fonz bashing thread.

Ya, I agree!

:censored: him.

ya needs stripes

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Typical Flyer fan. They always hate on the Pens (which is their right being a rival). The jealousy goes back from the 66 & 68 days. I say we take a statewide vote to sell Philly to New Jersey.

No, sell them to KC. Keep the pens.

oBIgzrL.png

No, sell them to KC. Keep the pens.

Hahaha yea...whatever it takes man.

Apparently we got that really nice deal from Rendell...let's hope it's the one.

sad, and the north east is usually pretty good with hockey names. funny how the only person that knew was a flyer fan, i bet he wishes he didnt know that name

it probably has to do with the fact the only thing sports fans here knows is Parcells is God, Giants will win the super bowl every year, and worship at the Church of Yankees.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived