Super Bowl XLI Field

Puckguy14

I've noticed, when using helmets in the end zones, the NFL always went with a contrasting color to that of the helmet. Redskins always got a yellow end zone with the burgundy helmet.

If that is true it will be a orange endzone for the Bears unless they have a new design like last year.

saBS.png

I always liked the alternate endzone idea. I wouldn't suggest that any team adopt it full time, but for the Super Bowl it's a great idea. The team helmet in the endzone has always been a favorite of mine, and the contrasting colours help the helmets pop. My personal favorite, and I admit it's biased, has to be the yellow Chargers endzone from SB XXIX.

The contrasting colour idea would be idle this year because otherwise you'll have two blue endzones.

As for conference logos, I like the idea of them being on the other side of the wordmark, just not in helmets themselves. So JQK's example would look perfect if the AFC and NFC logos were by themselves instead of being contained in helmets.

As for the field design, the NFL shield should be at centre field, with the Super Bowl logo on each 25 yard line. It is, after all, the NFL's championship game, and the league's shield should be front and centre.

So to recap, here's what I think should be the universal Super Bowl field design formula:

1) Endzones done in a team colour separate from that of the helmet colour.

2) Each team's endzone will feature the team's wordmark.

3) The team's helmet graphic will be placed to the wordmark's left.

4) The team's conference logo will be placed to the wordmark's right.

5) The NFL shield will be placed at centre field.

6) The Super Bowl logo will be placed at each team's 25 yard line.

So to recap, here's what I think should be the universal Super Bowl field design formula:

1) Endzones done in a team colour separate from that of the helmet colour.

2) Each team's endzone will feature the team's wordmark.

3) The team's helmet graphic will be placed to the wordmark's left.

4) The team's conference logo will be placed to the wordmark's right.

5) The NFL shield will be placed at centre field.

6) The Super Bowl logo will be placed at each team's 25 yard line.

So basically, back to the way it was in XXXVIII.

I'm not sure the NFL will go for this. The Bears orange end zone was not one of the best. And the Eagles did have a green helmet and endzone in XXXIX. Also, there have been Superbowls with end zones of the same colour (XIV, XXVII, XXXVI)

--

Remember when the Superbowl Logo was in those big white footballs (XIV-XXII)?

I guess some of the Older logos had finer details that would not have showed up so well on the green grass. By the time they stopped doing it the Superbowl logo had evolved into more of a solid shield.

--

• 2 weeks later...

My Hope...

SBXLIField.gif

Put the NFL logo at the 25's and the Superbowl logo at midfield, and that is perfect.

It looks like the Super Bowl field will look pretty similar to what you have there.

They showed the Bear's endzone during the pre-game show, and the only difference is they're using the "racing stripe" backgrounds for the conference logos, but with that light blue color you used.

I haven't seen what the Colts endzone looks like, so we'll see.

My Hope...

SBXLIField.gif

Put the NFL logo at the 25's and the Superbowl logo at midfield, and that is perfect.

It looks like the Super Bowl field will look pretty similar to what you have there.

They showed the Bear's endzone during the pre-game show, and the only difference is they're using the "racing stripe" backgrounds for the conference logos, but with that light blue color you used.

I haven't seen what the Colts endzone looks like, so we'll see.

nevermind, I was drunk and wrong

Archived