Super Bowl XLI Field

Puckguy14

I hate the stripes in the endzones. I wish they would go back to painting the endzones the opposite color of the team's helmet (Bears would have an orange endzone) and going back to the two helmets (one with the team's logo and the other with the conference logo. Another thing that bugs me is that they started putting the Super Bowl logo on the 25 yard line instead of the 30 yard line.

My favorites are the endzones with the two helmets (one with the team logo and the other with the conference logo) and the name in between.

Yes, yes, for the love of God, yes! I loved the helmet endzones. The Bears had an orange endzone in their other Superbowl appearence, and it was very unique. It was always nice to see secondary colors in the endzones (Redskin yellow, Steelers yellow, and even the blue Titans and yellow Rams later on). I would love to see the white Colts helmet against the blue background and the navy Bears helmet against the orange. And the conference logo replacing the team logo it the best idea in the history of sports.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Only one thing comes to mind on a first look. I think the Colts' horseshoe is one of the few logos that is used with inverted colors. The white horseshoe would show better in a blue end zone (like Dungy's cap).

I looked it up:

Primary Mark

When printing on blue show logo in white. When printing

on any other color show logo in blue with white outline.

So...if you use a Blue background, the horseshoe logo should be inverted; otherwise (i.e., any other color) it should be Blue with a White outline.

Fantastic job BTW.

From what we have seen in past Super Bowls, the NFl likes to have the "secondary" color as an endzone. I would not be surprised to see the Bears endzone in orange, they have LOTS of it in Miami. Plus the Colts can only have a blue endzone.

Plus, it is very rare maybe never, that they would use the same color in both enzones.... Like the Giants/Bills Super Bowl....The Giants had a red endzone and the Bills had a blue endzone...both at the time were their secondary colors.

From what we have seen in past Super Bowls, the NFl likes to have the "secondary" color as an endzone. I would not be surprised to see the Bears endzone in orange, they have LOTS of it in Miami. Plus the Colts can only have a blue endzone.

Plus, it is very rare maybe never, that they would use the same color in both enzones.... Like the Giants/Bills Super Bowl....The Giants had a red endzone and the Bills had a blue endzone...both at the time were their secondary colors.

I think the reason the NFL used to do this is because pre-Superbowl XXXI the End Zone could not be the same color as the team helmet. This created some off-brand end zone combinations over the years (Eagles XV Green on Grey, Rams XIV Blue on yellow with super-spaced letters, Bears XX Blue on Orange) When the helmets returned to the endzones in Superbowl XXXVIII they no longer adhered to this rule (Eagles XXXIX)

The only team who had some freedom with the old rule was the Dolphins who used both Aqua (VI-VIII, XVII) and Orange (XIX) end Zones as a background to their white helmets. Had the Browns reached the superbowl in this spell, their end zone probably would have been white.

I like the idea of taking the conference logo out of the helmets on the right but it would be nice to see the team helmets return to the other side (XXXIX)

A Black Steeler end zone would have been cool last year.

I really don't like the orange endzone for the Bears, sorry. There should always be more navy than orange when dealing with the Bears. Otherwise, it just looks weird to me.

Archived