Rare PSG Jersey?

rmackman

PSG.jpg

My brother got me this Paris Saint Germain jersey awhile ago on vacation in Europe. To this day I've never been able to find a photo of anyone wearing one in this style during a game. In fact I haven't even seen it sold, so maybe it's only sold in Europe. Has anyone seen this jersey before?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

HA! The one-year post-2002WC Cool Motion jerseys! Yes, I have seen that kit before - it was PSG's clash kit from 2003-2004.

http://www.colours-of-football.com/colours...a/france09.html

After Nike came out with their cool motion kits for the Japan/Korea World Cup, the next year they changed the template design to the above. It lasted only one year - in 2004 they went to the first edition of the Total 90 kit. I actually have an Inter Milan shirt from 2003-2004 in that same template style. Not the best Nike has come out with lately, but not the worst.

OD_Signature.jpg

Wow! Thanks. They must have never played in it because there are no photos of it in action.

EDIT: Go figure, I was able to get a roster from that season and ran a search on different player names:

pauleta-2.jpg

ljuboja19rt.jpg

cp_3f102e03859e5Fred.jpg

Thanks for the info, that helped me find it!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Apparently there was an adidas model of the same jersey!?

204489_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

pic13191.jpg

spacer.png

Apparently there was an adidas model of the same jersey!?

204489_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

pic13191.jpg

I believe that the FFF has a deal with adidas that extends to the French Cup. I believe all finalist regardless of uni sponsor have to wear adidas shirts.

Thats correct. I think all teams in the Coupe de France wear adidas shirts as well as the same uniform sponsors.

The French Cup teams that reach the semis have to switch over to adidas if adidas isn't their main sponsor. The adidas teams just keep the same kits. I laugh at the fact that the teams will usually not wear their team badge on these kits since it would violate exclusivity rights for the sponsor.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have the Inter home from that year, it's awesome. the Valencia home (and nuclear orange away!) from that year in that style are among my favorites too. Actually, screw it - that's one of my favorite Nike styles, and I'm glad they went as understated with their newest ones as they did with that style. It's just classy and awesome.

harperdc.gif

• LMU locked this topic

Archived