What the Flyers should do...

KP14

This is the first "concept" I have done, so bare with me. (You can call it an opinion more than a concept.)

Now, there a couple of things to be aware of here. First off I am a Flyers fan, and in thinking in the mode of such this is what I would like to see them do jersey wise. Secondly, the last thing in the world that team should do right now is change what remains to the 25 year old uniform style they are using.

First off ditch the Finding Nemo third jersey and go back to using the original orange away jersey. Move the black jersey to the third position and do what the Flames and Blues are doing with their logos.

This is nothing revolutionary, quite the contrary it's rather conservative. (It is also rather hastily put together.)

flyersud1.png

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

I think the white numbers and white logo on the black jersey look pretty bad. The black winged P is too iconic to have it's colors flipped.

I do agree with bringing back the orange jersey. If they wanted to make the sleeves black, I'd be OK with that too (though I prefer white.)

If anything I think the black jersey sufferers from a lack of color, as the only non b/w elements are the circle in the P and some trim. If you made the sleeves orange, and kept the black winged P, it may be a nice third.

Also, you may want to work with the Edge template (which should probably be used for NHL concepts moving forward,) as a reasonable facsimile of the Flyers' design should be possible, even using just the standard template.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the white numbers and white logo on the black jersey look pretty bad. The black winged P is too iconic to have it's colors flipped.

I do agree with bringing back the orange jersey. If they wanted to make the sleeves black, I'd be OK with that too (though I prefer white.)

If anything I think the black jersey sufferers from a lack of color, as the only non b/w elements are the circle in the P and some trim. If you made the sleeves orange, and kept the black winged P, it may be a nice third.

Also, you may want to work with the Edge template (which should probably be used for NHL concepts moving forward,) as a reasonable facsimile of the Flyers' design should be possible, even using just the standard template.

In all honesty I don't think they should have a third jersey at all. Just scrap the whole thing and stick with the white and orange. I'm just thinking that if they really want one for the sake of merchandising than they should work with what they have and try and do something with it that is different enough to get attention. Although, I do agree, it is a bit taboo to mess with the winged P, I'm rather against the one they are using on the current orange.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

I agree KP14, but since this thread is about his concept, and he included a third with his concept, I was just offering my suggestions to improve it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived